Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some interesting points for those calling AJ a coward and saying he's ducking Wilder

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LetOutTheCage View Post
    Wasn't ready after 30+ fights but Joshua was willing to step in the ring with him after his 18th fight. At least Hearn sent a contract, what did Wilders team send?
    That wasn't a contract, that's the issue. His camp should've simply came out and say he wasn't ready instead of making silly hostile offers that he couldn't even back up.

Comment

Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
      The 24 hour deadline was bull****, seeing as they kept on talking about it way longer than that. Hearn wouldn't have expressed the willingness to want the fight in the UK for less money if it was just a stunt.

There would've been no need to if that was the case.
      Based on what exactly? Why didn't Wilders team want to meet and negotiate? Why didn't they dispute this claim? Wilders the 1 who txt Hearn with the offer.

Would you really accept a 50m offer with no contract?

Comment

Based on what exactly? Why didn't Wilders team want to meet and negotiate? Why didn't they dispute this claim? Wilders the 1 who txt Hearn with the offer.

Would you really accept a 50m offer with no contract?
        Wilder accepted an offer with no contract. That's how things are done.

Comment

Wilder accepted an offer with no contract. That's how things are done.
          What offer did he accept? Last time I checked his team where sent an offer which has neither been accepted nor rejected.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
            Many fans ignore facts and play favorites. The facts are right there plain as day. AJ has fought far more good fighters in about half the fights than Wilder has fought. Wilder has fought a legit top 10 heavyweight in Stiverne and a legit top 5 guy in Ortiz. That's it. Nobody else he fought was really a top 10 heavyweight. AJ has fought legit top 10 guys in Martin and Whyte and legit top 5 guys in Vlad and Parker and soon Povetkin.
            Calling Martin a top 10 guy pretty much invalidates most of this. Throw in the fact that Whyte isn't much better and your argument falls flat on its face.

I agree with the poster prior who said the only real difference is that AJ faced his less than mediocre opponents in about half the time Wilder did. But that is understandable given Deontay took up the sport at an older age than AJ did.

Comment

Then why was a there only a 24hr window, why did Wilders team refuse to disclose information like venue and date, why did Wilders team refuse to meet with Hearn?
              The proposition was simple; is $50m guaranteed against 50% enough money for the two camps to hash out the rest of the deal. Eddie Hearn didn't want to answer that question, instead trying to sit down and negotiate something else, and Wilder's camp wanted none of that; which is fair.

No different than when Eddie Hearn offered $12.5m to than hash out the rest of the deal; Team Wilder viewed that as being a clearly low number but were civil about it.

Hearn comes back with the offer apparently upped to $15m, Wilder's camp still thinks it's low, but they make the handshake agreement.

The deal finally comes in with the details, and it's got a one-way rematch clause, the date is pushed back from when initially considered, and Eddie Hearn is looking to cut Showtime out of the deal and bring the fight to DAZN.

With the terms not to his liking, Wilder has walked from the deal (hilarious that, once Wilder was no longer the fight, the September date at Wembley magically became available, for a dates that's possibly two weeks after Alvarez-Golovkin 2; with the re-air out of the way, Showtime would only be competing against college football)

Comment

What offer did he accept? Last time I checked his team where sent an offer which has neither been accepted nor rejected.
                I don't think you understand what's going on at all. An offer gets accepted, which isn't legally binding, then contracts are sent out. They only become legally binding when the contract is signed.

Wilder accepted the offer, which is the reason the contract was sent out. The same thing Team Joshua was unwilling to do. Accepting the $50m offer means nothing without a signed contract, but they weren't even willing to do that.

That tells you everything.

Comment

I don't think you understand what's going on at all. An offer gets accepted, which isn't legally binding, then contracts are sent out. They only become legally binding when the contract is signed.

Wilder accepted the offer, which is the reason the contract was sent out. The same thing Team Joshua was unwilling to do. Accepting the $50m offer means nothing without a signed contract, but they weren't even willing to do that.

That tells you everything.
                  I'm pretty sure Hearn in one of his interviews said we accept the offer in principle wether he was telling the truth or not I dont know. That still doesnt excuse the fact that Wilders team refused to meet with Hearn, what justification do you have for that?

Comment

I'm pretty sure Hearn in one of his interviews said we accept the offer in principle wether he was telling the truth or not I dont know. That still doesnt excuse the fact that Wilders team refused to meet with Hearn, what justification do you have for that?
                    That never happened.

What reason is there to meet? Did Wilder's team "meet" before he accepted the offer?

Comment

That never happened.

What reason is there to meet? Did Wilder's team "meet" before he accepted the offer?
                      Maybe to make the fight? Why wouldn't you want to meet up and negotiate if you wanted the fight so badly. Refusal to even listen to what your opponents team has to say is ridiculous.

Comment

Working...
                      X