Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tyson-Spinks.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah and Trump probably made a good chunk of change that same year hosting Wrestlemania 4, since the show sold a lot of tickets and PPV buys. Fans consider it one of the worst Wrestlemanias, but still a lot of people bought it because of the huge success of Wrestlemania 3 in the now defunct Pontiac Silverdome. I'm guessing the Detroit Lions used to play there.

Comment

Do fighters usually have to pay their trainers and team themselves or does the money some from somewhere else?

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
        Do fighters usually have to pay their trainers and team themselves or does the money some from somewhere else?
        The recent WWE crossgender tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
          I believe trainers takes a negotiated percentage. Some may get a flat rate though depending on their experience. This would be a question Ray Corso would be better suited to answer.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
            I believe trainers takes a negotiated percentage. Some may get a flat rate though depending on their experience. This would be a question Ray Corso would be better suited to answer.
            I remember De La Hoya paying flat rates once his purses reached huge numbers. That's why he and Mayweather Sr. broke apart, over the money.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
              I remember De La Hoya paying flat rates once his purses reached huge numbers. That's why he and Mayweather Sr. broke apart, over the money.
              I dont: doubt it. Once fighters reach a certain level, especially when they're involved in the promotion, exceptions are certainly made. I was talking in general, and I could be completely wrong considering I never fought a pro fight.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
                I dont: doubt it. Once fighters reach a certain level, especially when they're involved in the promotion, exceptions are certainly made. I was talking in general, and I could be completely wrong considering I never fought a pro fight.
                I think they were 500K apart, and split prior to De La Hoya - Mayweather. Killed a big story angle for the fight.

Comment

Unless a trainer makes a commitment to one fighter (almost) exclusively he doesn't deserve a percentage. When you look at Chappie Blackburn and Louis you see a career long relationship worth a percentage, I never saw that kind of commitment from Emanuel Steward; certainly he was talented and important, (but never committed except maybe to Hearns) and deserved to be paid big, but not a percentage.

Comment

--- Manny was damned devoted to Lewis and Wlad and worth every penny.

He knew what he was doing!

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
                      --- Manny was damned devoted to Lewis and Wlad and worth every penny.

He knew what he was doing!

XD

Dude was a scrub.....

Comment

Working...
                      X