Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Early Prediction Thread for Saul "Canelo" Alvarez vs. Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canelo by DQ.. it's gonna get ugly in there and I can see Chavez losing his cool and hitting behind the head, punching low and hitting on the break. Warnings galore but in the end the ref DQS Chavez. Corners clear, Chavez Sr goes after chepo and the rematch ensues

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
      yeah, but thats what im getting at really. Once canelo loses the size advantage he has, his skills are going to be shown to be very limited. Im not impressed with canelo at all and i think people are getting seriously carried away with him winning the cotto fight, a guy who trout won almost every round against. Canelo looked abysmal against mayweather, that was an absolute schooling, and i can not erase that from my mind when we talk about canelo. I know how great mayweather is but an elite fighter who was bigger should not get schooled like that, was one of his easiest ever wins.. His feet looked like they were stuck in the mud. He was significantly bigger than lara and he struggled in that fight too, he didnt look great to me against khan either, until his size advantage led to the KO. Im genuinely not saying this cause i dont like him, i just dont rate him at all. I dont think he can do to chavez what martinez did to him.
      He doesn't need to do what Martinez did. Sergio had to use his feet and exerted a lot of energy and left the ring a damaged fighter. Canelo excels against stationary targets.

You're bashing Canelos skills but what does Chavez do that. An trouble him? Canelo is better at every distance.

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
        He doesn't need to do what Martinez did. Sergio had to use his feet and exerted a lot of energy and left the ring a damaged fighter. Canelo excels against stationary targets.

You're bashing Canelos skills but what does Chavez do that. An trouble him? Canelo is better at every distance.
        he has so far excelled against stationary targets of fighters smaller than him. IM not saying chavez wins this, but im saying that we dont know how canelos going to look when he fights someone who isnt smaller than him. My hunch is that with his lack of skills and horrific footwork, hes going to struggle. Chavez is tough, durable and can crack. If canelo doesnt have the pop at 164 to keep chavez off of him, then he could be in trouble cause hes got a bigger man plodding after him and he doesnt have the skills and footwork that someone like martinez had to negate the size difference.

Comment

Chavez Jr by decision robbery

Comment

Canelo via body shot TKO, rather earlier I'd presume.

To be fair, Ginger is building a resume for himself in boxing.

Comment

Gonna have to see JR in camp and if he's with Freddy Roach or not before I vote.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                This will be like Pacman vs Margarito where the only question is does Chavez corner care about him and stop the fight or do they let him suffer career beating that he likely won't be the same from. Chavez is a big boy and Canelo much smaller so not sure Canelo can drop him so my guess is it's target practice and Chavez is lit up until he quits on the stool or his corner throws in the towel.
                That's a good analogy, that's the type of fight it could be, however, I think Canelo knocks out Chavez faster than Pacman tko'ing Tony.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                  This will be like Pacman vs Margarito where the only question is does Chavez corner care about him and stop the fight or do they let him suffer career beating that he likely won't be the same from. Chavez is a big boy and Canelo much smaller so not sure Canelo can drop him so my guess is it's target practice and Chavez is lit up until he quits on the stool or his corner throws in the towel.

More like Hopkins vs Tarver me thinks.

Comment

The headline reads, "Alvarez Clowns Chavez Jr in Laugher"

The gulf in skill is just so vast and Canelo will box circles around Chavez. It could approach Mayweather-Gatti if Canelo wants to put the hammer down even if Chavez is somehow in reasonable condition (or allowed to be in reasonable condition), or you could see Canelo pull off Roy Jones type moves.

Then people will say after the fight that Cnaelo has improved so much as a boxer even though he has always been highly skilled as a boxer, just that the match-up will flatter those skills even more so.

Comment

I voted Canelo by KO. The skill gap between these two is large. Canelo is much smaller but much better. He improves with every fight. Chavez remains the same iron jawed, hard punching, easy to hit snail he has always been. Martinez would have knocked Chavez out if he had the punching power Canelo has now. Chavez has quit in the ring and that is something Canelo would never do. The idea that Canelo has some super power to gain more weight after the weigh in than any other boxer is a ridiculous one. It's based on wild guesses about how much he weighed on fight night and not actual, factual fight night weights. Canelo is used to fighting guys like Kirkland, Angulo, Lara, Trout and Smith. They are just as big as he is and weigh just as much as he does on fight night.Chavez will probably have a big weight advantage on fight night but that won't keep him from getting KOed in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                      X