Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chris Benoit Movie Announced: "Crossface"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know how the hell people are going to want to see a story that ends in a murder suicide by the main character.

Comment

Originally posted by Ether View Post

Crossface to explore the tragic true story of the late wrestler.

SRG Films has announced that they are adapting Matthew Randazzo's book Ring of Hell: The Story of Chris Benoit and the Fall of the Pro Wrestling Industry into a feature film titled Crossface.

Coming Soon posted a press release that describes Crossface as "a biographical thriller" that "delves into the pressures WWE superstar Chris Benoit faced throughout his wrestling career as the combination of drug-use, depression, and head trauma became increasingly impossible for him to handle. The true story made headline news in 2007 when Chris murdered his wife and young son before taking his own life."

The film's writer, Sarah Coulter, said: "People immediately point to steroids, never thinking about the brain trauma these wrestlers can, and do, incur in their profession, nor do they consider the rigorous schedule that keeps them working even when they shouldn t be. The Benoit story is one that needs to be brought into the light."

Producers are said to be out to directors and actors right now in the hopes of beginning production in late 2012.
      Do you believe in the conspiracy theories about Benoit?

Comment

Whose gonna play this role? I can see a little Channing Tatum in the face, can't think of any others at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
          Whose gonna play this role? I can see a little Channing Tatum in the face, can't think of any others at the moment.
          Not sure about Benoit, but I could picture Kevin Bacon playing a good Chris Jericho.

And Johnny from Karate Kid/Cobra Kai could play a good Owen Hart. Always thought they had a bit of a resemblance.

Comment

Originally posted by abracada View Post
            Do you believe in the conspiracy theories about Benoit?
            What theories?

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
              Not sure about Benoit, but I could picture Kevin Bacon playing a good Chris Jericho.

And Johnny from Karate Kid/Cobra Kai could play a good Owen Hart. Always thought they had a bit of a resemblance.
              Good ones. Hell, if they threw a wig on Jericho so he has the longer hair he used to, I could see him playing himself too

Comment

This movie is no more closer to production than the Mike Tyson bio-pic. I once past Kevin Bacon while walking downtown here...I've never seen skinnier legs in all my life. No way he could look like wrestler.

Comment

william Dafoe should play this muthafúcká

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post

Owen Wilson also looks like Owen Hart.

Comment

Originally posted by UglyPug View Post
                      i don't see how he can be realistically portrayed as an anti-hero. . . not enough redeeming qualities. . .

slaughtering your wife and kid pretty much do you in. . .
                      Maybe if they portray it as a cautionary tale of the brain damages concussion causes

Start the movie as a kid wanting to follow his dream.
                      Then he finally achieved it but he starts to show symptoms and his behavior is slowly change to someone up recognizable

Comment

Working...
                      X