No announcement yet.

Arum: Crawford, Bradley, Loma may move to showtime. Pac/Vargas shown on TR TV

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
    HBO will be out of the boxing business by the end of the decade.
    This ^^^^^^^^

They are only going to pay for fighters that they believe they can make money on in PPv... Canelo, cotto, ggg, kovolev/Ward only fighters that have potential to PPV draws..

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
      Arum OVERPAID to sign Loma that's the problem with making Loma/Walters is that Loma is eating up too much of the money and top rank refuses to pay Walters out of pocket and Loma refuses to give money back. Look at Loma's last fight which tanked. He is very talented but he don't have the TV ratings, the ticket sales, ect to command the money he is ALREADY making for beating lesser fighters. So how is any network going to afford to pay him more for a bigger risk fight and also pay more money for a better opponent? The equation just doesn't add up someone will lose money. Arum wants that someone to be the network. If you overpay a fighter who doesn't have the fanbase or generates the kind of money to match that it's not the networks job to take losses to bail you out.
      I agree he overpaid but the fight card purse for Crawford vs Postol was reasonable and shouldn't have been on PPV. The card was less than two million

Comment

Honestly, reading between the lines, my suspicion is that arum has seen boxing shrink so much, it's hard for top rank to be profitable without a manny fight or 2 and even now those aren't huge blockbusters anymore. I think arum will join with haymon, and be what Lou dibella does for PBC, and just be strictly the promoter

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
          HBO is wasting money on mismatches and don't want to spend money on good fights like Loma/Walters. Go to where the money is
          You knew this was bound to happen....seeing those guys fighting on PBC/Showtime..cashing those big ass checks.

Comment

bobarum also told me he has meeting planned with @SHOsports about possibly putting @vasyllomachenko, budcrawford402, Timbradleyjr there.

bobarum told me TRBoxing plans to distribute Pacquiao vs. Vargas PPV and he intends to promote card on networks like CBS, NBC, ABC, etc.

https://twitter.com/mabramson13/stat...92638964596736

https://twitter.com/mabramson13/stat...93081069473792
            Arum thinks that they threw Pacquiao in the trash.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
              Honestly, reading between the lines, my suspicion is that arum has seen boxing shrink so much, it's hard for top rank to be profitable without a manny fight or 2 and even now those aren't huge blockbusters anymore. I think arum will join with haymon, and be what Lou dibella does for PBC, and just be strictly the promoter
              Said it when PBC started that in time i hoped for one umbrella where they will have the fighters and have the promoters bid on the fights to promote them.

Comment

I agree he overpaid but the fight card purse for Crawford vs Postol was reasonable and shouldn't have been on PPV. The card was less than two million
                Yeah but do you think if Arum or Crawford agreed that if they won that he would fight Manny next that HBO wouldn't of green lit that fight? Remember HBO refused Ward's tune up fight LAST year and only agreed to air his tuneups this year because he signed on to fight Kovalev. 2 mil for Crawford/Postol is expensive I mean look at the purses on Showtime and even PBC they are dropping. I mean Thurman vs Porter got 2.4mil and Crawford/Postol wanted 1.97m combined. Thurman and Porter is a far bigger fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
                  Said it when PBC started that in time i hoped for one umbrella where they will have the fighters and have the promoters bid on the fights to promote them.
                  I agree..

I always said one of the easiest solutions to fix boxing is to outlaw long term contracts between fighters and promoters.. Boxers should be free agents at all times allowing promoters to bid on fights against each other

Comment

remember about a year ago when people said hbo will shutdown pbc and showtime...
                    lmao

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
                      You knew this was bound to happen....seeing those guys fighting on PBC/Showtime..cashing those big ass checks.
                      But they not getting big checks at least not anymore. Leo Santa Cruz and Frampton just fought on Showtime for 1.5m combined. Santa Cruz took a pay cut from the 1.25m he made for his Mares fight. Thurman took a pay cut to step up and fight Porter.

Comment

Working...
                      X