Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

>>> Mikey Garcia's resume is better than Loma's...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nay_Sayer View Post
    Wake us when Loma beats someone on Spence's, Golovkin's or Wilder's level...
    I will ask you the same question I asked Curt Henning, where would u rank Loma pound for pound? Top 10? Top 15?

Comment

Originally posted by Gillie View Post
      I will ask you the same question I asked Curt Henning, where would u rank Loma pound for pound? Top 10? Top 15?
      Maybe top 10. I just don't think very highly of Loma's resume. Losses *count* - and the loss to Orlando Salido isn't a good look. Besides that, his opposition has been questionable...

Comment

I smell agenda

Comment

Originally posted by KillaMane26 View Post
          I smell agenda
          When people are saying stupid things, it is sometimes hard to know whether they are legit idiots or if they have an agenda and that is making them act like idiots.

The end result is pretty much the same though i.e. this thread.

Comment

Maybe top 10. I just don't think very highly of Loma's resume. Losses *count* - and the loss to Orlando Salido isn't a good look. Besides that, his opposition has been questionable...
            The loss to Salido admittedly isn't great but I think when taken in context, 2nd pro fight against a dirty fight by split decision, it will become less significant over time. Also, I find his resume gets diminished unfairly. Let me be clear, I dont have him at number one, I give that to Bud, but I think that beating an undefeated Gary Russell Jr (in a 50/50 fight), beating an undefeated and bigger Nicolas Walters, beating an undefeated, albeit smaller Rigo, beating a pretty decent but not elite Rocky Martinez and beating a highly skilled but sometimes pedestrian fighter in Linares is a pretty strong resume for someone with so few fights. You are right in that it wouldn't look as impressive if he had as many fights as Mikey Garcia but he is fighting pretty high caliber opposition and winning titles in different weight classes while doing so. I think the fight against Mikey Garcia will be the true tell tale sign if he is what he is often hyped up to be, or a skilled but flawed fighter who looked great against good but not great fighters. My two cents. Have a good one! Peace.

Comment

Originally posted by Gillie View Post
              The loss to Salido admittedly isn't great but I think when taken in context, 2nd pro fight against a dirty fight by split decision, it will become less significant over time.

but I think that beating an undefeated Gary Russell Jr (in a 50/50 fight)....is a pretty strong resume for someone with so few fights.
              Lomafako beat Gary Russell jr in his *3rd* pro fight - the very next fight after the Salido loss. So, if we're going to be consistent with our logic - The Salido loss should become "less significant over time" only if we can apply that same thinking to the Russell Jr win. You can't diminish the Salido loss all while giving Lomachenko credit for the Russell win. That's called Fanboi'ism - and I'm sure you would not like to get accused of that...

Comment

The Maidana and Porter loses were @ Welterweight, Broner's *4th* weight class. How many titles has Lomafako won in his *4th* weight class?
                Broner beat no body in any of those weight classes. Lol at broner being a better opponent than linares or rigo. Linares was on a 6 year winning streak at his prime and rigo was undefeated and p4p in the top 10. ONCE AGAIN YOU DON'T KNOW **** ABOUT BOXING.

Comment

Originally posted by satiev1 View Post
                  Broner beat no body in any of those weight classes. Lol at broner being a better opponent than linares or rigo. Linares was on a 6 year winning streak at his prime and rigo was undefeated and p4p in the top 10. ONCE AGAIN YOU DON'T KNOW **** ABOUT BOXING.
                  Who has Linares beaten @ 135?

What has Rigo done @ 130? 126?

Comment

Working...
                  X