No announcement yet.

If Fury looks bad vs Pianeta...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheCell8 View Post
    Of course he will, in fact I'd expect the fight to get made in a week.

When he does, it'll confirm what I've been saying all along: Fury is looking to cash out.

He doesn't want to box anymore, he wants one big payday and he feels that since Joshua and Wilder haven't fought each other, he can demand a bigger split (50-50). Had Joshua and Wilder already fought he would never be able to approach that number against the winner.

He'll get clobbered by Wilder and then call it a career.
    Part of him has to know how hard it will be to climb the mountain again. I mean the man ruined his body. What fighter has come all the way back from that and become king of the mountain again?

He'll keep fighting, against bums and has-beens and keep cashing checks, but this will be his last real fight..

Comment

I suspect Fury is gaining his motivation to train for the Pianeta fight by looking ahead to the Wilder fight, he needs to have a clear path set ahead of him in this manner, with long-term goals, to keep him disciplined and staying on the right path with training, else he'll get complacent and possibly start slipping and falling back into bad habits of drugs and alcohol. Fury knows he needs to beat Pianeta in style to hype up the Wilder fight to the max, so I'm guessing he goes for the KO and we'll see an uncharacteristically aggressive performance.

Comment

Originally posted by BWC View Post
        Part of him has to know how hard it will be to climb the mountain again. I mean the man ruined his body. What fighter has come all the way back from that and become king of the mountain again?

He'll keep fighting, against bums and has-beens and keep cashing checks, but this will be his last real fight..
        The answer is none and wont be the exception. He's a KO waiting to happen.

I disagree that he'll keep fighting against bums. I think he's ready to stop boxing and wants to cash out fast. The way to do that is by fighting Wilder. Everyone, including his team, knows he can't win that fight. But he also knows he doesn't want to keep boxing anymore.
        Last edited by TheCell8; 08-13-2018, 05:32 PM.

Comment

He agreed to fight Wilder already so even if he looks crap vs Pianeta he better go on with the fight or mockery will never end.

Comment

I can see a fight being announced in Feb/March time, let’s fury fight say Briggs and one other fringe. Also allows wilder to go against breazeale.

To be honest I think for everybody that makes far More sense, wilder will get no credit (and rightly so) if he fights him too soon

Comment

Working...
            X