No announcement yet.

hand position

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hand position

do u hold ur fist horizontally in a hook or vertically?

There was a post a long time ago about this, don't know what it was listed under, tho. I think "Fist Orientation of the Hook." or something. When I throw, if I'm using a short, inside, pulling hook, my fist is vertical (thumb up). If I'm throwing a reaching hook, then my fist is horizontal (thumb sideways).

Comment

geoff thompson says the pam of you hand should be facing down. if I throw a hook reaching far out I have my palm facing me, but I dont get much power

Comment

Originally posted by azza View Post
        do u hold ur fist horizontally in a hook or vertically?
        I'VE ALWAYS BEEN TOLD TO THROW IT WITH MY THUMB UP. THAT YOUR RANGE OF POWER IS BETTER THAT WAY, I DID HURT MY SHOULDER THROMING IT WITH THE THUMB FACING ME ONCE AND HAVE DONE IT THE OTHER WAY SINCE. AND NO PROB WITH THE POWER.

Comment

my trainer teaches thumb towards u,but i have it facin thumb up,i feel more comfortable and more power that way,he sees me throw it like that all the time and never says enithin

Comment

do it how feels comfortable, but check if it does have more power.

Comment

i have tested it,and i feel a MASSIVE amount of more power how i throw it

Comment

lmao when I read that for some reason it sounded like some sorta gay talking about his nob, Im not saying this to offend you lol it just reminded me. Then throw it how you do

Comment

hahahahahaha,i always throw it my way,never have the curtesy 2 give a reach around,hahahaha

Comment

lol!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X