Genetically Brits can't fight, here is why

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by frantic fighter View Post
    And was a Canadian....
    ...or Jamaican, whatever he felt like that day. What i do know is that while representing canada at the olympics he was punked by ben johnson in the olympic village. They apparently got into it, and lewis wanted none.

Comment

This is the kind of idiotic thread that makes NSB utterly worthless as a place to talk boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
        Yes it is getting better...

but that flawed style of British boxing annoys me and always gets exposed down the line.

The typical British defense is to stand in one spot with a high guard - whenever i see see, i just nod my head in shame.

Also one thing i dislike about British boxers is there is no ring IQ being displayed, they throw punches for the sake of throwing punches

Tyson Fury is a exception, you can see him thinking in the ring, the same with Lennox.

I think we just need more forward thinking trainers like Booth, Ingle and Mcguigan.
        Yet your hate and insecurity stops you from liking Kell, a thinking fighter who is nothing like that, while defending Khan- a guy who fights exactly like that.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
          This is the kind of idiotic thread that makes NSB utterly worthless as a place to talk boxing.
          Dammit Annie 😅 You negged me three times in total LOL

I was bored and made this.. It blew up

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
            That's bizarre I'd think your rep would fcuk me up after three times.. Did nothing lol

Comment

Originally posted by BombZquad View Post
              Dammit Annie 😅 You negged me three times in total LOL

I was bored and made this.. It blew up
              Ah man, I'll give you green next time round... it was a good troll thread actually.

Comment

Originally posted by considerthis View Post
                ...or Jamaican, whatever he felt like that day. What i do know is that while representing canada at the olympics he was punked by ben johnson in the olympic village. They apparently got into it, and lewis wanted none.
                considerthis
                05-20-2011, 12:00 AM
                ben johnson. I heard a story about ben johnson punking lennox lewis at the 88 olympics...they got into some sort of altercation and lewis backed down.

01-03-2001, 11:49 AM
                Its true Ben Johnson had a fight with Lewis over a Pool table at the athletes quarters. Lewis shaped up and Ben shot in and clinched him using an underhook. From then on it was just a stand up wrestling match until Johnson got Lewis off balance and he fell over. The fight got broke up after that

Seems like you like saying that but it's not true

Here's another version I doubt you like :

In 1984 Ben Johnson blamed Lennox Lewis for him only getting a bronze. Both were on the Canadian Olympics team and Johnson was relaxing before his race playing pool. His room key was around his neck which was bothering him playing so he took it off and left it on a sofa. Lewis strolled in and thought it would be a good idea to rob it as a joke. While Johnson stressed lookingall over for his card and working himself into a state Lewis returned about 6 hours later and gave it back to him. Johnson by now was so riled up that he attacked Lewis in a rage (not a good idea). Lewis disarmed him by putting him in a headlock until Johnson had calmed down sufficiently. But Johnson who then raced to bronze said that Lewis had injured his neck with the headlock and that was why he didnt get the gold.

manos de piedra

Comment

Originally posted by PivotandRoll View Post
                  considerthis
                  05-20-2011, 12:00 AM
                  ben johnson. I heard a story about ben johnson punking lennox lewis at the 88 olympics...they got into some sort of altercation and lewis backed down.

01-03-2001, 11:49 AM
                  Its true Ben Johnson had a fight with Lewis over a Pool table at the athletes quarters. Lewis shaped up and Ben shot in and clinched him using an underhook. From then on it was just a stand up wrestling match until Johnson got Lewis off balance and he fell over. The fight got broke up after that

Seems like you like saying that but it's not true

Here's another version I doubt you like :

In 1984 Ben Johnson blamed Lennox Lewis for him only getting a bronze. Both were on the Canadian Olympics team and Johnson was relaxing before his race playing pool. His room key was around his neck which was bothering him playing so he took it off and left it on a sofa. Lewis strolled in and thought it would be a good idea to rob it as a joke. While Johnson stressed lookingall over for his card and working himself into a state Lewis returned about 6 hours later and gave it back to him. Johnson by now was so riled up that he attacked Lewis in a rage (not a good idea). Lewis disarmed him by putting him in a headlock until Johnson had calmed down sufficiently. But Johnson who then raced to bronze said that Lewis had injured his neck with the headlock and that was why he didnt get the gold.

manos de piedra

I do like saying it cuz it's the truth...you got the lewis version, just like he was the one who manhandled rahman on that tv show set. The altercation with ben johnson ended cuz lewis backed down...he wasn't prepared to deal with that kind of athleticism.

Comment

Originally posted by considerthis View Post
                    I do like saying it cuz it's the truth...you got the lewis version, just like he was the one who manhandled rahman on that tv show set. The altercation with ben johnson ended cuz lewis backed down...he wasn't prepared to deal with that kind of athleticism.
                    And how do you know?

You sound like you're his little brother who got his feelings hurt or something.

Comment

Originally posted by craigus1990 View Post
                      He fought for them because he was a kid and that is where he lived, so yes of course he learnt to box in Canadian gyms and boxed for their national team. But that doesn't make someone Canadian. He also learnt how to box from Manny Steward midway through his career, that doesn't make him from the USA... you have a stronger case of arguing him being Jamaican (and not British) than you have of arguing he is Canadian. But again, the man himself classes himself as British/Jamaican... so nice try (although not really).
                      This is some of the dumbest logic that I've ever heard. He was born in England,but from a purely boxing perspective they did absolutely nothing for his career.He was taught in Canada,fought in America as a pro and even lives in Canada to this day.He should stand proud with his brethren Lalonde and Gatti.

Comment

Working...
                      X