Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any word on Danny Jacobs TBA opponent July 30th?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
    Seriously doubt they could work out a deal for Golovkin for July 30th even if they wanted to, although I suppose stranger things have happened. I would imagine if/when these two fight, it's going to be a big deal with a whole lot of details to iron out.
    Yeah, I think you're right.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
      Rafael said Andy Lee cost too much. I think it might end up being Gary O'Sullivan. He says he has a big fight in July/August in NYC. I think they want to promote an Irish show with Frampton/Cruz.

Damn man, you're like a twitter God lol

You're like a human version of Google lol I'm going to start coming to you before I even do Google searches

How the hell do you get all the updates that fast and know where to look

Comment

Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
        Damn man, you're like a twitter God lol

You're like a human version of Google lol I'm going to start coming to you before I even do Google searches

How the hell do you get all the updates that fast and know where to look
        Go on twitter and look at what the different fighters are saying. I could be wrong about O'Sullivan. DiBella has Quillin, Derevyanchenko, Khytrov, and Khurtsidze that he could be matching Spike up with as well. Rafael had also mentioned Sergio Mora rematch was possible.

Comment

Go on twitter and look at what the different fighters are saying. I could be wrong about O'Sullivan. DiBella has Quillin, Derevyanchenko, Khytrov, and Khurtsidze that he could be matching Spike up with as well. Rafael had also mentioned Sergio Mora rematch was possible.
          Aren't Jacobs and Khurtsidze sparring partners? I'd like to see the fight though.

Lol I don't want to see the Mora rematch again; Jacobs might break his other ankle.

Derevyanchenko only has 8 fights, but Khytrov seems feasible.

For me, I'd want BJS then GGG in the fall.

Comment

Lee seems like the best option, but that seems to be mentioned less & less so guessing thats out.

I'd suspect Monroe is unlikely with a 7 week turnaround after a fight. He's cutting things tight if he gets any sorta damaged in that fight. Certainly you'd need a plan B if he's the guy.

And I really can't buy Spike. He's coming off a L to a prospect/contender caliber guy in Eubank & he's got no quality W's to get anyone excited for him getting a title shot. That said maybe if Jacobs is legit looking to fight GGG in late Sept/Oct/Nov with Canelo backing out + the WBA angle then Spike would be the guy to pick. Gets your 8 months rust off. Gets you a fairly easy W. Keeps you undamaged with a potential 2 month+ turnaround so who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
              Aren't Jacobs and Khurtsidze sparring partners? I'd like to see the fight though.

Lol I don't want to see the Mora rematch again; Jacobs might break his other ankle.

Derevyanchenko only has 8 fights, but Khytrov seems feasible.

For me, I'd want BJS then GGG in the fall.
              I ment Spike O'Sullivan could be fighting Khurtsidze or those other guys. He hasn't been mentioned, but looking at the rankings, Rob Brant is probably being considered for Danny as well. Cheap, undefeated MW, managed by Haymon.

Jacobs/Saunders aint happening unless Danny's willing to fly to the UK. Saunders wants ridiculous money to fight in the US.

Comment

Rafael had also mentioned Sergio Mora rematch was possible.
                Rafael better be trolling. No one wanted to see Jacobs vs Mora I, let alone II.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                  Rafael better be trolling. No one wanted to see Jacobs vs Mora I, let alone II.
                  They want to see Danny replicate his ankle shattering punch to the head on Mora's other leg. Say what you will, that was a fun fight.

Comment

They want to see Danny replicate his ankle shattering punch to the head on Mora's other leg. Say what you will, that was a fun fight.

Comment

If Jacobs insists on keeping that date then he should fight Blanco and get rid of the Interim / mando......

Comment

Working...
                      X