No announcement yet.

Prime Manny beats Prime Floyd

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by duran888 View Post
    Too sharp too powerful too hungry, and most importantly... SPEED KILLS.
    Prime Floyd KO'd Diego Corrales. Prime Manny would have been KO'd by Diego Corrales.

Comment

Originally posted by big_james10 View Post
      Prime Floyd KO'd Diego Corrales. Prime Manny would have been KO'd by Diego Corrales.
      These guys dont understand prime Floyd was a bad ass with unbelievable speed and timing , Manny was only devastating in 2 CW fights , Floyd would tear him a new one at 130 .

Comment

Originally posted by Razcal26 View Post
        I never said I would.........

THIS is your analysis and breakdown? OK mate.
        Round 1
        Mayweather takes centre of the ring, throws sharp fast jabs to the head of Manny, which are caught on the gloves. Manny looks to have started slow but unleashes a 4 punch combination and backs Floyd up, 2 of the 4 punches land. Mayweather lands jabs to the body and his trademark shoulder roll-right hand.
        Round one to Floyd
        Mayweather grows in confidence as he continues to land more clean right hands down the pipe, Pacquiao is still on the front foot though and backs floyd into the corner at the end of the round and throws punches in bunches.
        Round two to floyd
        Pacquiao picks up the pace in round three, mayweather feels the power after the combinations from the previous round, and boxes even more cautious, pacquiao stalks him and lands an eye catching left hand.
        Round three to Manny
        Round four starts as round three ended with pacquiao looking increasingly confident, circling floyd and throwing more and more combinations, floyd realises for the first time in his career he is in with somebody even faster and becomes increasingly negative.
        Round four to Manny
        After a very close first two rounds and two clear rounds to Pacquiao, Floyd comes out in round five looking to win the round clearly himself, he throws more punches and plants his feet more than ever in the fight, he lands at will with the jab to the body and even slightly rocks Pacquiao with a straight right hand
        Round five to floyd
        After the last round Floyd comes out more confident, and less negative in his boxing, Pacquiao backs up Floyd and unleashes a combination, Floyd attempts to counter with a straight hand and gets caught flush with a left hand, Pacquiao then swarms a hurt mayweather on the ropes before the referee jumps in to end the fight.
        Pacquiao TKO6

Comment

Floyd's CV is weak as **** compared to Manny's. While Manny was fighting all time legends like Morales, Barrera and JMM multiple times, Floyd was fighting a bunch of good not great fighters.

Comment

Razcal26 I've offered my opinion now you gonna offer yours or just make sly ass comments

Comment

This topic has been debated to death. New users shouldn't be allowed to create threads until they've learned how to use the search function, posted a few replies and familiarised themselves with the forum. Honestly, you'd think this site was set up yesterday with the amount of Manny vs Pacquiao threads. It's stale and boring now.

Comment

Originally posted by fanofslug View Post
                This topic has been debated to death. New users shouldn't be allowed to create threads until they've learned how to use the search function, posted a few replies and familiarised themselves with the forum. Honestly, you'd think this site was set up yesterday with the amount of Manny vs Pacquiao threads. It's stale and boring now.
                Nobody is forcing you to read the thread!

Comment

Originally posted by duran888 View Post
                  Round 1
                  Mayweather takes centre of the ring, throws sharp fast jabs to the head of Manny, which are caught on the gloves. Manny looks to have started slow but unleashes a 4 punch combination and backs Floyd up, 2 of the 4 punches land. Mayweather lands jabs to the body and his trademark shoulder roll-right hand.
                  Round one to Floyd
                  Mayweather grows in confidence as he continues to land more clean right hands down the pipe, Pacquiao is still on the front foot though and backs floyd into the corner at the end of the round and throws punches in bunches.
                  Round two to floyd
                  Pacquiao picks up the pace in round three, mayweather feels the power after the combinations from the previous round, and boxes even more cautious, pacquiao stalks him and lands an eye catching left hand.
                  Round three to Manny
                  Round four starts as round three ended with pacquiao looking increasingly confident, circling floyd and throwing more and more combinations, floyd realises for the first time in his career he is in with somebody even faster and becomes increasingly negative.
                  Round four to Manny
                  After a very close first two rounds and two clear rounds to Pacquiao, Floyd comes out in round five looking to win the round clearly himself, he throws more punches and plants his feet more than ever in the fight, he lands at will with the jab to the body and even slightly rocks Pacquiao with a straight right hand
                  Round five to floyd
                  After the last round Floyd comes out more confident, and less negative in his boxing, Pacquiao backs up Floyd and unleashes a combination, Floyd attempts to counter with a straight hand and gets caught flush with a left hand, Pacquiao then swarms a hurt mayweather on the ropes before the referee jumps in to end the fight.
                  Pacquiao TKO6
                  WTF is this? So many inconsistencies.

1. What Floyd have you just described, because that is NOT how Floyd would box in his prime. Jab? Floyd rarely, if ever, leads of with jabs. He uses the body post shot and straight right to measure distance as opposed to using the jab. The last time I saw ever really use a jab consistently was in the later rounds against Hatton.

2. Jabs to the body? Again, what Floyd is doing this? Wat Floyd has ever had a an sustained attack which consisted of him jabbing to the body? Name me this fight that he did this in?

3. So let me get this straight; Floyd is landing his straight right flush and Manny is just walking through it and taking them as they come with no adjustment? Ok then..................

4. All you have Pacquiao doing is apparently backing Floyd up (LOL) while continually getting tagged with straight rights. By Floyd. In his Prime. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

I had to highlight this because this is just shocking.

6. So, during the early stages of the fight, after YOU just had Floyd beating Manny to the punch with his timing and speed (landing his straight right), Manny just becomes faster than Floyd and complete ignores Floyds timing because he threw some combinations and Floyd can not adjust?

I'm stopping here. That was laughable. You didn't even mention anything about Manny trying to set his right hook, measure the distance with his straight left or using his exceptional ability to throw punches at awkward angles.
                  All you wrote was combinations and punches in bunches.

...................... and this was Floyd in his prime...............?

Comment

No doubt.. Off course.

A 37 Pac already beat him with one arm, what more younger.
                    Last edited by Spoon23; 04-16-2016, 07:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Razcal26 View Post
                      WTF is this? So many inconsistencies.

1. What Floyd have you just described, because that is NOT how Floyd would box in his prime. Jab? Floyd rarely, if ever, leads of with jabs. He uses the body post shot and straight right to measure distance as opposed to using the jab. The last time I saw ever really use a jab consistently was in the later rounds against Hatton.

2. Jabs to the body? Again, what Floyd is doing this? Wat Floyd has ever had a an sustained attack which consisted of him jabbing to the body? Name me this fight that he did this in?

3. So let me get this straight; Floyd is landing his straight right flush and Manny is just walking through it and taking them as they come with no adjustment? Ok then..................

4. All you have Pacquiao doing is apparently backing Floyd up (LOL) while continually getting tagged with straight rights. By Floyd. In his Prime. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

I had to highlight this because this is just shocking.

6. So, during the early stages of the fight, after YOU just had Floyd beating Manny to the punch with his timing and speed (landing his straight right), Manny just becomes faster than Floyd and complete ignores Floyds timing because he threw some combinations and Floyd can not adjust?

I'm stopping here. That was laughable. You didn't even mention anything about Manny trying to set his right hook, measure the distance with his straight left or using his exceptional ability to throw punches at awkward angles.
                      All you wrote was combinations and punches in bunches.

...................... and this was Floyd in his prime...............?
                      lets see yours then, easy to criticize others isn't it?

Comment

Working...
                      X