Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Legacy: Does Miguel Surpass Oscar and Tito?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Both those guys stop Cotto prime for prime imo. More because of size than anything else. Naturally bigger guys and in Oscar's case a better boxer too.

Comment

Originally posted by One more round View Post
      Both those guys stop Cotto prime for prime imo. More because of size than anything else. Naturally bigger guys and in Oscar's case a better boxer too.
      thats why I dont compare them. All those guys are natrually bigger guys and were very good on top of it

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
        you severely underrate a prime Vargas. He runs through Cotto IMO. Dont get him mixed up with the guy who Tito ruined. The Vargas that fought Cotto would beat him without a doubt. Oscar was a very good boxer and he's a harder puncher than Cotto himself. If you just go back one fight you wouldnt have thought none of this. Now the Sergio win makes Cotto the favorite against all these top notch guys? Cotto is a great fighter. Again, I dont want to disrespect him but he's not better than any of those guys in there prime. You can say he has a better legacy that Vargas but prime for prime, Vargas runs through him IMO
        But that's my point. That was a green Vargas, and he was doing very well in that fight for as long as it lasted. My point is, I think Cotto could replicate that.

Why would I go back one fight? I'm talking about a prime Cotto at 147. The one that fought Zab/Shane/1st Margarito fight.

And who said favorite? Read the OPs question. "Do you think he could give Tito and Oscar hell?" My answer was, "of course".

I don't think Vargas runs through him. I think they have a great fight. Are you mistaking Cotto for someone else? And yes, I know for a fact how awesome prime Vargas was. He was one of my favorite fighters in high school.

I even got super amped when I saw him in an episode of Moesha. lol. I damn near lost my mind.

Comment

And in case anyone's got me confused. There's no doubt in my mind Tito and Oscar would beat any version of Cotto. I'm just saying that I think he could definitely, without a shadow of a doubt give them both hell.

Cotto was bullying Shane around when they were both fresh. Don't underrate how strong a WW Cotto was.

Comment

Originally posted by One more round View Post
            I'm not so sure, Cotto looked like a bull tonight at Middleweight. Strong with no body fat. And lots of power. I wonder what those hard body punches would do to the lean long bodies of Oscar and Tito.

Comment

Tito and Oscar tried out the MW champ and got stopped....Cotto succeeded where they failed....as for H2H, Tito whoops all of them imo....he probably stops Cotto after getting dropped himself....and Oscar would just run away all night and give the fight away every time

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Philadel View Post
                Tito and Oscar tried out the MW champ and got stopped....Cotto succeeded where they failed....as for H2H, Tito whoops all of them imo....he probably stops Cotto after getting dropped himself....and Oscar would just run away all night and give the fight away every time
                I'd luv to see a Prime 4 Prime match-up between Cotto & Tito

Comment

I think legacy wise he's above Tito just for accomplishing this feat. Only slightly though. The only way Cotto can make an argument for being greater then Oscar is by beating Floyd.

Oscar fought the toughest fighters of his era Tito, BHOp, Whitaker, Mosley, Chavez, Mayorga, Vargas, Floyd and Manny.

Tito brutalizes him H2H but the Oscar fight is closer then some think. Cotto is great as the pressure fighter and had the jab, body assault and footwork to give Oscar a Damn good fight.

Comment

Originally posted by $Natedatpkid$ View Post
                    I think legacy wise he's above Tito just for accomplishing this feat. Only slightly though. The only way Cotto can make an argument for being greater then Oscar is by beating Floyd.

Oscar fought the toughest fighters of his era Tito, BHOp, Whitaker, Mosley, Chavez, Mayorga, Vargas, Floyd and Manny.

Tito brutalizes him H2H but the Oscar fight is closer then some think. Cotto is great as the pressure fighter and had the jab, body assault and footwork to give Oscar a Damn good fight.
                    I agree, him vs Oscar would be a great fight between two of the most skilled fighters to enter the squared circle.

Comment

In terms of BALLS, yes. Cotto turned 2 career ending beatings around and said "Fck you and fck the Diaz brothers!" Like a boss.

Comment

Working...
                      X