Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anybody taken and passed the FE exam lately?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FE is like an IQ test. If you think you have an above average IQ, you'll pass it even without studying. Most of the questions are basic engineering problems every engineer should know (centroid, basic calculus, etc..) Solve problems as fast as you can, skip those that takes time. I took it many years ago. Many questions are just direct substitution with the handbook of formulas they provided.

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
      Really? When'd you take the PE?
      I'm just concerned how the questions are.... I read that some of the guides they sell are outdated and maybe 1-2 of the problems in there reflect the difficulty or level of questions on the FE

Good stuff, I downloaded a guide from the NCEES website and have one from somehwere else already. Brushing up on the morning section and studying the afternoon section of my subject (Electrical).
      Just trying to get this done in one go and not having to wait a whole semester to take it again
      Wow, that's cool. Good luck with your test. You are studying electrical engineering? I want to finish my CE degree and maybe go back for electrical engineering, computer science, or math. How far along are you in electrical engineering? How hard is it, math-wise? Have you taken discrete math or assembly?

Comment

Originally posted by Cupo303 View Post
        Aren't the job prospects in Civil Engineering not that good?

I read that Petroleum engineering is where it's at as far as making money right out of college, since they're heavily in demand.
        I make $120k+, i think experienced petroleum engineers make $200k+.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingCasualFan View Post
          I make $120k+, i think experienced petroleum engineers make $200k+.
          What degree did you get? Are you mechanical?

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman0811 View Post
            What degree did you get? Are you mechanical?
            Civil......

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingCasualFan View Post
              Civil......
              Okay, that's good. Not too many people have their PE. It seems like you are a smart guy and have a great career going, too.

Comment

Nerddsssssssss

Comment

Working...
                X