Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Evander Holyfield physically stronger than Mike Tyson?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Evander Holyfield physically stronger than Mike Tyson?

I'm having trouble understanding this. Tyson was a natural heavyweight. Holyfield was not. So why was it that Holyfield was able to push Tyson around like a rag doll in both of their fights?

Is it possible that Holyfield's physical strength was greater than Tyson's?
    Yes
    50.00%
    No
    50.00%
    Last edited by thesenuts; 05-07-2013, 08:04 PM.

I'm sure it is a possibility

Comment

Tyson was submissive to Evander on the inside.

Can't really put it any other way. I'm sure Holyfield may have been stronger, but Tyson wasn't trying to assert his strength on Holyfield as much as vice versa.

Comment

Originally posted by thesenuts View Post
        I'm having trouble understanding this. Tyson was a natural heavyweight. Holyfield was not. So why was it that Holyfield was able Tyson around like a rag doll in both of their fights?

Is it possible that Holyfield's physical strength was greater than Tyson's?
        Tyson wasn't a natural heavyweight either. He was a cruiserweight.

Comment

Physical strength? Naw, it ain't about that. It's what the Lord wanna him to do.

Comment

Holyfield at the time, with his power pellets was a very strong guy, AND had much better stamina/durability than Tyson at that time.

Holyfield could eat Tyson's punches, but Tyson couldn't deal with all of holyfield's punches/head butts.

Comment

who knows he was mentioned on some steroid reports

Comment

I voted no. I think Tyson is just as strong. They are a pair of bulls. Holyfield lifted lots of heavy weights in training.

Comment

mike was stronger but evander was stronger were it counted- Mentally

Comment

The poll is closer than I thought.. interesting

Comment

Working...
                    X