No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: Burns is Better Than Rees, But Loses To Broner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hearn: Burns is Better Than Rees, But Loses To Broner

Promoter Eddie Hearn admits that WBO lightweight champion Ricky Burns is better than Gavin Rees, but he doesn't believe the Scottish boxer has enough ability to defeat WBC champion Adrien Broner (26-0, 22KOs). Last Saturday night in Atlantic City, Hearn watched Broner pick apart Rees over five rounds.

Burns (35-2, 10KOs) will return on March 16th in a unification showdown with IBF champion Miguel vazquez (33-3, 13KOs).
    [Click Here To Read More]

Too many people talking about Burns, including Broner. Lets see if he can even get by Vasquez in a convincing fashion.

Comment

I would pick Broner against Burn's too. Saying that, I've picked against Burns in most of his recent fights and the guy keeps proving me wrong. You have to give it up to Burns, he's elevated his game to another level during the past 2 years, and just keeps getting better. One of the best lightweights in the world, but Broner probably has too much for him.

Comment

Glad Hearns was truthful that Burns is better than Rees

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Hearn seems to be a straight shooter. He calls it like he sees it.

Comment

Most people think Broner can beat any other lightweight in the game right now, but if he is planning on staying at 135, Burns is still one of the best opponents out there for him. Broner vs. Vazquez/Burns winner is obviously the best fight that can be made at lightweight at the moment.

Comment

Burns is good though. He's beaten Rocky Martinez, Paul Moses, and Kevin Mitchell. All were Top 10 fighters at 130 or 135 when he did.

Burns is also Vazquez biggest test. Burns has beaten better fighters than Vazquez has, in my opinion.

Still....Vazquez has a tough style to look good against. Burns needs to make it a rugged fight, and smother Vazquez, make him as uncomfortable as possible.

Comment

Working...
              X