Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather Jr. has 'interest' in Robert Guerrero as next foe

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When Floyd says he is fighting again and who he is going to fight, I will believe it. Schaefer is just talking about what he would like to happen, and that means nothing. I believe if Floyd fights again Guerrero will be his opponent.

Comment

• If Floyd only fights once in 2013 and it's against Robert, I'm done as a hardcore Mayweather fan

Comment

• Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
        When Floyd says he is fighting again and who he is going to fight, I will believe it. Schaefer is just talking about what he would like to happen, and that means nothing. I believe if Floyd fights again Guerrero will be his opponent.
        This. I remember before the Ortiz fight was announced, Schaefer said Malignaggi and some other fighters were in the running. The frontrunner was not Ortiz. People ridiculed Floyd for "choosing" Malignaggi, Spadafora, Matthew Hatton as possible opponents when that was far from the truth.

Comment

• Originally posted by BIGMARS View Post
          The ghost is unstoppable and looking like an animal since coming to welterweight. He might be the most dangerous opponent for a name in boxing. Incredible this is who Floyd will look to tune up with.
          your either joking or stupid.

Comment

• This fight was getting absolutely DESTROYED when they announced it was a done deal back in January. lol

Granted Guerrero has actually 2 ok wins at 147 but its amazing how **** changes in a matter of months.

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=530951

Comment

• Originally posted by littlemac View Post
              The fans have screwed the fans. The fans control what companies put out with their dollars. If your not happy with the fights your getting maybe you should think twice about buying MarquezVSPac 4. Just saying.......
              Well yeah, the fans enable the companies/fighters to fu*k us with "consolation prize" bouts because these bouts still make crazy revenue.

I haven't bought either of Floyd or Manny's PPVs in a long time.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
                If Floyd only fights once in 2013 and it's against Robert, I'm done as a hardcore Mayweather fan
                I would be pissed off too, but would let him slide if it's a legitimate reason like none of the big name fighters being available.

People looking at the same scenarios but not thinking about the upsets.

Imagine if Trout beats Cotto, and then Trout beats Canelo in May. Imagine if Chavez Jr knocks out Martinez, imagine if Marquez beats Pacquiao.

After hypothetically beating Guerrero in 2013, that leaves Floyd with Trout[boring, not a fight I would be mad at Floyd for turning down], Chavez Jr[eliminated, Top Rank], and Marquez[who really wants to see a rematch?].

Obviously, from the scenario I said and the fighters I picked, Marquez is the most likely fighter that Floyd picks because of his name and because of the win he'd be coming off of.

If this was the case, would you really be mad at him for only fighting Guerrero in 2013? You could make a case for Trout, he'd be coming off Delvin, Cotto, Canelo...but i'm sorry, I rather watch Floyd vs Lara.

Now hopefully Cotto defeats Trout next Saturday and Canelo defeats Cotto in May 2013, and we get Canelo-Mayweather for September 2013.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thread Stealer View Post
                  Well yeah, the fans enable the companies/fighters to fu*k us with "consolation prize" bouts because these bouts still make crazy revenue.

I haven't bought either of Floyd or Manny's PPVs in a long time.
                  Then your a real fan and which then means I was talking about you. I too haven't bought a Floyd or Manny fight in years, but eventually some more will stop buying. I can't imagine anyone actually happy paying for Pac's last recent fights with shitty undercards and say that they got their moneys worth.

Comment

• Guerrero gets annhilated... trying to fight inside like that against Floyd will be devastating. Leaning in with his head exposed like that... my God. And, he will end up fighting like that, he'll start out trying to box, when that doesnt work he ll take it up close... and will realize quickly, that isnt going to work either.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                      I would be pissed off too, but would let him slide if it's a legitimate reason like none of the big name fighters being available.

People looking at the same scenarios but not thinking about the upsets.

Imagine if Trout beats Cotto, and then Trout beats Canelo in May. Imagine if Chavez Jr knocks out Martinez, imagine if Marquez beats Pacquiao.

After hypothetically beating Guerrero in 2013, that leaves Floyd with Trout[boring, not a fight I would be mad at Floyd for turning down], Chavez Jr[eliminated, Top Rank], and Marquez[who really wants to see a rematch?].

Obviously, from the scenario I said and the fighters I picked, Marquez is the most likely fighter that Floyd picks because of his name and because of the win he'd be coming off of.

If this was the case, would you really be mad at him for only fighting Guerrero in 2013? You could make a case for Trout, he'd be coming off Delvin, Cotto, Canelo...but i'm sorry, I rather watch Floyd vs Lara.

Now hopefully Cotto defeats Trout next Saturday and Canelo defeats Cotto in May 2013, and we get Canelo-Mayweather for September 2013.
                      If Trout beats Cotto AND Canelo, he's the unified champ at 154 which is one of the strongest divisions in boxing.

I would not give Floyd a pass for avoiding Trout if he were to accomplish such a feat.

If that's the case, Guerrero in May and Trout in September.

Guerrero is an acceptable fight if he were to fight more than once next year. But given his history, his age and the amount of money he makes I don't see him fighting more than one time per year.

Comment

Working...
                      X