Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you could take any athlete from any other sport and bring them into boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see where you are coming from but athleticism alone, or even a big part of sport any sport at is NOT about athleticism I'm sorry.

People like to get lost in this whole "athleticism" thing when there is just so much more to sport than that.

Some of my friends are incredibly athletic guys but this doesn't translate too much when it really comes down to kicking that ball or putting it on the floor.

A lot of is simply in your head, and training an "athlete" for a few years does not mean that he will develop the right mind for the sport.

Best thing is going to the YMCA and watching these young bucks playing ball against some older guys who just look unimpressive and make these young guys look stupid...they dunk, they jump...this that so what...They are still made to look stupid.

Strength alone can trump athleticism on many occasions.

Dont get me wrong, athleticism is very important, but I notice too many people saying these days "OMG but he is so athletic".....all I have to say is ....so what?

Athleticism from the top of the head reigns supreme in basketball and even then not necessarily.

Comment

Derek Fisher

CP3

they focus on style and the science, they'd do great in Boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Ukr_Alex View Post
        I see where you are coming from but athleticism alone, or even a big part of sport any sport at is NOT about athleticism I'm sorry.

People like to get lost in this whole "athleticism" thing when there is just so much more to sport than that.

Some of my friends are incredibly athletic guys but this doesn't translate too much when it really comes down to kicking that ball or putting it on the floor.

A lot of is simply in your head, and training an "athlete" for a few years does not mean that he will develop the right mind for the sport.

Best thing is going to the YMCA and watching these young bucks playing ball against some older guys who just look unimpressive and make these young guys look stupid...they dunk, they jump...this that so what...They are still made to look stupid.

Strength alone can trump athleticism on many occasions.

Dont get me wrong, athleticism is very important, but I notice too many people saying these days "OMG but he is so athletic".....all I have to say is ....so what?

Athleticism from the top of the head reigns supreme in basketball and even then not necessarily.
        Really solid and valid points. What you should also consider is that these athletes started at a young age and more important than that is we are speaking of athletes that had not just physical attributes to excel at the highest level, but also had the mental toughness and grit to do so. This mixed with athletism, genetics and work ethic is a dangerous combination

Comment

Originally posted by ab4life View Post
          Really solid and valid points. What you should also consider is that these athletes started at a young age and more important than that is we are speaking of athletes that had not just physical attributes to excel at the highest level, but also had the mental toughness and grit to do so. This mixed with athletism, genetics and work ethic is a dangerous combination
          micheal grant was supposed to be a great athletic specimen, where is he now, lol, good point from you

Comment

Lebron chokes at the 4th, how is he going to handle rounds 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12?

Comment

Originally posted by Tha_Greatest View Post
              micheal grant was supposed to be a great athletic specimen, where is he now, lol, good point from you
              True words on Grant but keep in mind Grant started extremely late in boxing and although he did good could never overcome his limited experience. Imagine if Grant started early in boxing and had the early pedigree of a Lennox Lewis. I think you would have many failures via KTFO with the athletes we mentioned, lol, but I think you would also have more than a few special fighters also
              Last edited by ab4life; 06-13-2012, 05:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ab4life View Post
                True words on Grant. I think you would have many failures via KTFO with the athletes we mentioned, lol, but I think you would also have more than a few special fighters also
                what do you think barry sanders skill does in boxing, i think of him possibly faster than the great roy jones, how bout you

Comment

Dwight Howard for me

Comment

Jermaine O'Neal

Comment

i try to think of randy moss but i think hed wind up knocked out cold

Comment

Working...
                      X