No announcement yet.

Fish oil and/or multivitamin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fish oil and/or multivitamin

is fish oil beneficial for boxers? i read mixed reports on the stuff so im not sure what to believe. would a multivitamin alone be sufficient or should it be taken in conjunction with fish oil?

cheers.

Originally posted by VIPrice View Post
    is fish oil beneficial for boxers? i read mixed reports on the stuff so im not sure what to believe. would a multivitamin alone be sufficient or should it be taken in conjunction with fish oil?

cheers.
    Depends on your diet. If you eat a lot of fatty fish... you will not need fish oil.

Comment

They have entirely different functions, so it's not a matter of one OR the other. Fish oil (more specifically, omega 3) is proven. They even have it available in a prescription. If you're not eating a lot of fish, fish oil is a great idea. A multi is a good idea for athletes. Get one that includes minerals, or get a separate multi-mineral.
      You don't NEED either one, but if you want to max your potential, they will likely help.

Comment

Good quality fish oil provides Omega 3, 6, 9 fatty acids which help the function of the brain; helps lower the bad cholesterol; good for he joints and best of all helps burn the bad fats. Highly recommend a good daily dose of good fats.

Comment

I use Mega Men Heart.

MEGA MEN® HEART
          GNC Mega Men® Heart Vitapak® Program conveniently combines nutrients that support a man's overall nutritional needs with focused ingredients to promote heart health and that may reduce the risk of heart disease.

Mega Men® – Our premium timed-release, clinically studied formula includes vitamins and minerals to supplement key nutrients that may be missing in your daily diet. Mega Men ® contains 1,600 IU of vitamin D-3 for breast and bone health and immune support, as well as, B-vitamins that are important for cardiovascular health and energy production.* It's enhanced with a broad spectrum of cell-protecting antioxidant nutrients that also support immune health.*
          MegaNatural®-BP™ – Clinically shown to help maintain normal, healthy blood pressure levels already within the normal range. MegaNatural®-BP™ is a superior form of grape seed extract that contains compounds to support a healthy heart.*
          CardioAid™ Phytosterols – Natural compounds found in fruits, vegetables and whole grains that help block cholesterol absorption.* Phytosterols are clinically shown to reduce cholesterol levels and may reduce the risk of heart disease. Each daily serving provides the clinically studied dose of 800 mg of CardioAid™ Phytosterols.
          Double Strength Fish Oil – Features 600 mg of omega-3 fatty acids, 360 mg of EPA and 240 mg of DHA. The omega-3 fatty acids found in fish oil are necessary for heart, joint and eye health.* They help maintain healthy cholesterol levels and are necessary in the maintenance of normal blood pressure.*
          Coenzyme Q-10 - A heart healthy antioxidant that supports heart and blood vessel function.* Levels diminish with age and when taking certain medications.
          Niacinamide- Provides dietary support for a healthy blood lipid profile and plays an important function in energy metabolism.*

Comment

I've actually added fish oil to my diet thanks to this tread, thanks ts, really!! The way I work out I'm actually concerned for my joints. Fish oil helps maintain joint health & are far cheaper than glucosamine & chondoitine pills. (spell check on the latter).

Comment

get you some beyond tangy tangerine

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                I've actually added fish oil to my diet thanks to this tread, thanks ts, really!! The way I work out I'm actually concerned for my joints. Fish oil helps maintain joint health & are far cheaper than glucosamine & chondoitine pills. (spell check on the latter).
                np.

thanks for the replies im gonna pick up some fish oil next time im at the supermarket, and look at getting that mega men heart stuff.

'you must spread some rep around before giving to slightly dazed'

aw sheet

Comment

If you eat a lot of fatty fish... you will not need fish oil.
                  Last edited by backerman7; 04-11-2012, 03:24 AM.

Comment

get it at a supplement store - not the supermarket. just FYI.

Comment

Working...
                    X