No announcement yet.

pacquiao's footwork is getting overrated to hell

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Top Rank- View Post
    I love the "myth" in boxing that Manny can't fight going backwards.
    what's funny is he can't...

Comment

Countless boxing experts praise Manny for it, and athletes from various bring up the fact that is the first thing that pops out when they see him fight.
      manny has o k footwork and yes bernard and bradley do have better foot work than manny some of you are confusin foot speed with foot work

Comment

Originally posted by ChainskiBum View Post
        last time i checked the minority generally know whats going on while the masses are blind...
        Is that right? What is going on then? What are people blind to? Mannys footwork being overrated to hell? Is that why most experts/peers compliment pacquiao and his skillset..? In this case, the masses see things clearly.. while the minority chooses to be blind...

Comment

Originally posted by Needles View Post
          what's funny is he can't...
          he can a lil

Comment

It has been beautiful watching Manny's footwork go from being ver sloppy to the best in the sport of boxing. Props to Roach & Ariza on that because I hear he spends hours each day working on footwork drills alone.

Many boxing experts such as Emmanuel Stewart, Roy Jones and countless others are amazed and how good his footwork is.
            Come on man, you know its because he's been matched up against guys with cement feet.

The marquez rematch wasn't THAT long ago.

Comment

Originally posted by letsgobrady View Post
              manny has o k footwork and yes bernard and bradley do have better foot work than manny some of you are confusin foot speed with foot work
              i agree, manny has good footspeed but an overrated footwork.

put him in there with a fundamentally sound technical boxer and he'll fold.

i can see why khan gave him trouble. mayweather would outsmart him bad

Comment

tru
                but letem believe
                its fun for kids to believe in things like pacquaio has boxing skills

Comment

Originally posted by | THE KING | View Post
                  Is that right? What is going on then? What are people blind to? Mannys footwork being overrated to hell? Is that why most experts/peers compliment pacquiao and his skillset..? In this case, the masses see things clearly.. while the minority chooses to be blind...
                  A lot of that is just propaganda. Boxing insiders and people in gyms don't all agree on the Pac thing.

They're more honest about the whole thing.

Comment

Originally posted by pbftxrs316 View Post
                    man please--who are trying to fool here kid?lol

you're see how bad his footwork is when he fights floyd--and watch how much floyd hits him at will by just his footwork alone--

josh clottey was on the ropes just playing defense and manny could have moved his feet to position himself to the side of clottey and started landing on him instead of his guard--and he couldn't do it--lol

throwing over 1000 punches, yet landing what? 20% or so---man get the hell out of here-lol

foot placement is crucial in making your opponent confused enough to take risks like moving their guard just slightly, turning and opening themselves up to vulnerable positions--i haven't seen that with manny---yes, he throws good combos, no doubt about it, but it's not his footwork---

against de la hoya, he landed some nice lead left hands against oscar who just just stood there and took them--oscar ddn't even move back at all-lol--that wasn't manny's footwork--he jumped in and out as usual and barley landed those left hand leads--all oscar had to do was slightly move back and manny wouldn't have landed any of them---or it would have taken more footwork---

like i said, manny is a great combination puncher, but his footwork isn't that good---and when he fought marquez just a couple of years ago, this couldn't have been more evident--lol

floyd's footwork is the best in boxing, and please don't make a useless joke about him running and dodging and stuff like that--look at round 6 against jmm, when he laned a counter right hand an ducked the incoming hook by marquez-that's great balance--amazing upperbody movement and footwork--it's well timed, well placed, and he did it all in 1 motion--that's just 1 example--

look when he fought judah, a technical wizard in the ring---judah has great balance and footwork and floyd moved well in that fight while moving forward and walking him down--tata baldomir isn't fast by any means, and but just looking at how floyd moved in that fight, it wouldn't matter at all if he was fast or not, floyd moved so smooth in that fight, hitting and immediately ducking punches by tata--i mean, i could go on forever with floyd--

but fighters like judah and calderon and bradley all move better than manny--just to name a few---
                    Basically what I get from you I if your not black your footwork is terrible. I see Calderons name but that's on some token **** to not be as obvious.

I say this because that's the only way someone would claim Judah and Bradley's footwork is better than Manny's.

Comment

Countless boxing experts praise Manny for it, and athletes from various bring up the fact that is the first thing that pops out when they see him fight.
                      Right..! We have many boxing experts/trainers/boxers (mannys peers)/athletes from different sports complimenting pacquiao on the topic at hand (footwork).. Then we have some posters on NSB who scream 'overrated'..

Comment

Working...
                      X