No announcement yet.

The greatest arab boxer?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The greatest arab boxer?

I've seen more great arab boxers in Muay Thai and Kickboxing like Badr Hari, Bouzidi, Dida Diafat and many others. In boxing the only two arab boxers who were great were Hamed and Hamsho. If you have superior boxing knowledge, give me your opinion on who was the best of the two.
    Are there other great arab boxers in the history of boxing.

Hamsho was Syrian does that count as Arab?

Comment

Marcel Cerdan perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by Biffen View Post
        Marcel Cerdan perhaps?
        Pretty sure he was French Algerian, not Arab.

Comment

Arabs do make up the majority in Algeria,so it's possible that Cerdan was one.Although I always thought Zidane was an arab until a year or two ago.

Comment

Except of Naseem Hamed and Mustafa Hamsho , Ramzi Hassan , Kabary Salem , Mohamed Benguesmia and Ismail Abdoul also came to mind.
            I guess their ranking (P4P) will be :
            1. Hamed
            2. Abdoul
            3. Benguesmia
            4. Salem
            5. Hamsho
            6. Hassan

Comment

Originally posted by Bright-Eyes View Post
              Arabs do make up the majority in Algeria,so it's possible that Cerdan was one.Although I always thought Zidane was an arab until a year or two ago.
              Cerdan was not an Arab. Cerdan was an algerian born Frenchman !
              He was fighting Arabs bareknuckle in the alleys of .. [don't remember] when he was a teenager , this is how he learned his trade.
              Algeria's population (just like Morocco and Tunis) are Berber which are a mixture of Arabs and the pre Arab occupation population , they are 50% Arabs in their mixture , not in the sense that 50% there are pure Arabs.
              And Zidane is not an Arab ? is he a Berber too ? I simply was never interested about him or soccer , don't know even how he looks.

Comment

Originally posted by roxy View Post
                Hamsho was Syrian does that count as Arab?
                Yes it does.

Comment

Naseem Hamed & Mustapha Hamsho are about the only 2 Arab boxers i can recall who made it to World level i would go with Naz as the No1

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
                    Naseem Hamed & Mustapha Hamsho are about the only 2 Arab boxers i can recall who made it to World level i would go with Naz as the No1
                    I agree with that... Hamsho had heart and balls. Hamed had power, skills and movement. What one had the other lacked. Great fighters!!!! Fun to watch!!! Wish Naseem would of stuck around alittle longer. Hamsho's exit from boxing was right on time!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X