Collapse
No announcement yet.

When & Who Killed Hip-Hop?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [PLEASE HELP] When & Who Killed Hip-Hop?

Is there a certain moment in time that you noticed Hip-Hop going down hill???

Did Hip-Hop systematically self implode through the years due to crap artists releasing ****e music.....

Did Kanye West further damage Hip-Hop's image by embarrassing a 17 year old girl infront of 10's of millions???

Can Hip-Hop be revived???? What Will It Take???
    Gradually death over the years
    26.39%
    Autotune
    8.33%
    Never was a great genre of music
    11.11%
    Hip-Hop is not dead but on life-support
    26.39%
    Rock, Jazz & Hip-Hop R.I.P.
    9.72%
    Hip-Hop Will Live Forever
    18.06%

Hip Hop is not dead, it's just that the commercialization of Hip Hop has changed the way MC's approach it.

In years past it was more about the culture and the skills the DJ's and MC's displayed that was most important. Now it's about how much money you can make and it doesn't matter how you market yourself to make the money.

Being able to rap is almost secondary nowadays, what's more important is what you look like and how you can package yourself to sell to the general public.

Hip Hop is still very much alive, it's just underground now just like when it all started ironically....

Comment

Hip Hop can't be revived IMO. Whenever I hear a new song from the best rappers, it's just not the same anymore.

Comment

P-Diddy & Mase........Now everyone wants to make pop songs because of them.

Comment

2000 was the last time hiphop was on fire 92-99 was its prime.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPASMURF View Post
            P-Diddy & Mase........Now everyone wants to make pop songs because of them.
            I would blame Southern hiphop more for evey decent rappers theres 10 that suck all that bling rap **** is gay.

Comment

I blame R+B myself. Think how many good rappers have changed their style because there's more money to be made from R+B than Hip Hop.

Comment

Originally posted by toysale View Post
                I blame R+B myself. Think how many good rappers have changed their style because there's more money to be made from R+B than Hip Hop.
                Nah rap has done more damage to R&B/soul by far.
                Just look how many rappers would have made great R&B/Soul singers if rap wasn't around.
                Every member of Bone,Biggie did some back up singing before rapping Nate Dogg, Snoop would have been singing Funk.
                Just tons of them like this.

You never even hear of a good new R&B singer anymore unless they are on some rap song first.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPASMURF View Post
                  Nah rap has done more damage to R&B/soul by far.
                  Just look how many rappers would have made great R&B/Soul singers if rap wasn't around.
                  Every member of Bone,Biggie did some back up singing before rapping Nate Dogg, Snoop would have been singing Funk.
                  Just tons of them like this.

You never even hear of a good new R&B singer anymore unless they are on some rap song first.
                  You've got a fair point; the only reason I think R+B is ruining hip hop at the moment is simply because all the beats these days which are classed as "hip hop" aren't the same as the good old beats you used to get in rap songs. These beats seem to be very R+B/Pop influenced and are shockin. And all that synthesised voice **** people use in their choruses... why!?

Comment

the back to back deaths of 2pac, biggie and big L silenced hip hop forever.

Comment

Working...
                    X