Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do You Guys Really Consider MMA A "Sport"?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do You Guys Really Consider MMA A "Sport"?

When you talk about boxing you're obviously talking about an art that takes years to perfect. The top fighters of the boxing world are scientists in the ring who grew up with a pair of gloves on perfecting what they do.

When you talk about MMA you're talking about mostly beer drinkers from off the streets who get a few tattoos, do a few months of training and then go out there and fight other "athletes" in whats basicly a glorified street fight. I understand the appeal of that and how it can have a following given todays culture, but do you consider it a legitimate sport?

I mean, Brock Lesnar from the WWE came to the UFC and won their HW title after only 3 fights. Doesn't that kind've speak for itself?

mma fighters are not good fighters,they are mostly beer drinking lugs,a boxer would beat a mma lug any day,the only good fighters they have are the wwe wrestlers,i give the wrestlers credit they have amazing power and they have good submission holds,a some pro wrestlers would in a street fight beat any mma or boxer,lesner,piper,austin,cowboy bob orton,kininski,kowalski,flair,orndoff,muraco,the big show,andre the giant,jake roberts,these are just some of the wrestlers that would throw a mma or boxer head first out of a ring via the top rope

Comment

Brock wasn't born in the WWE. He has solid wrestling credentials outside of pro wrestling.

it's called mixed Martial Arts because people come into it with different backgrounds in martial arts and combat sports. like Vitalis background is kickboxing and now he's a boxer. Brocks background is wrestling. the fact that he's ufc champ after so few fights says more about the ufc organization than it does about the sport of mma.

the beer drinkers with a few months training are really bottom rung guys. but you get them in boxing too. obviously at the moment there are still many more boxers in the world than professional MMAers, so with a smaller talent pool you are more likel to end up seeing some of the poor quality fighter in mma than in boxing. but that's because it's a young sport in it's current form. not because it's not a sport.

PS

I love boxing, and i really dont understand why people come to this forum to talk this crap.

although looking at your sig and profile pic gives a clue. cos i'll admit floyd does actually make everyone in every sport look bad.
      Last edited by P4PGOAT; 09-22-2009, 01:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. President View Post
        When you talk about boxing you're obviously talking about an art that takes years to perfect. The top fighters of the boxing world are scientists in the ring who grew up with a pair of gloves on perfecting what they do.

When you talk about MMA you're talking about mostly beer drinkers from off the streets who get a few tattoos, do a few months of training and then go out there and fight other "athletes" in whats basicly a glorified street fight. I understand the appeal of that and how it can have a following given todays culture, but do you consider it a legitimate sport?

I mean, Brock Lesnar from the WWE came to the UFC and won their HW title after only 3 fights. Doesn't that kind've speak for itself?
        Originally posted by mrboxer View Post
        mma fighters are not good fighters,they are mostly beer drinking lugs,a boxer would beat a mma lug any day,the only good fighters they have are the wwe wrestlers,i give the wrestlers credit they have amazing power and they have good submission holds,a some pro wrestlers would in a street fight beat any mma or boxer,lesner,piper,austin,cowboy bob orton,kininski,kowalski,flair,orndoff,muraco,the big show,andre the giant,jake roberts,these are just some of the wrestlers that would throw a mma or boxer head first out of a ring via the top rope

you cant be serious.
        you realize you are just wasting space in the mma section. stick to nsb. tks

Comment

Comment

maybe you should check out Brock's wrestling background (not wwe wrestling).

Comment

Originally posted by Move BRICKS View Post
              that about sums it up.

Comment

Originally posted by P4PGOAT View Post
                Brock wasn't born in the WWE. He has solid wrestling credentials outside of pro wrestling.

it's called mixed Martial Arts because people come into it with different backgrounds in martial arts and combat sports. like Vitalis background is kickboxing and now he's a boxer. Brocks background is wrestling. the fact that he's ufc champ after so few fights says more about the ufc organization than it does about the sport of mma.

the beer drinkers with a few months training are really bottom rung guys. but you get them in boxing too. obviously at the moment there are still many more boxers in the world than professional MMAers, so with a smaller talent pool you are more likel to end up seeing some of the poor quality fighter in mma than in boxing. but that's because it's a young sport in it's current form. not because it's not a sport.

PS

I love boxing, and i really dont understand why people come to this forum to talk this crap.

although looking at your sig and profile pic gives a clue. cos i'll admit floyd does actually make everyone in every sport look bad.
                I'm not gonna trash you for being an MMA fan, but i'll just say this. You're not gonna see The Undertaker coming to boxing and winning the HW title anytime soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Pecs View Post
                  maybe you should check out Brock's wrestling background (not wwe wrestling).
                  You say that like that's the reason he's successful in the UFC, but 3 of his 4 victory's were won by his striking (not wrestling) after only training in MMA for about a year. That kind've speaks for itself.

Comment

You say that like that's the reason he's successful in the UFC, but 3 of his 4 victory's were won by his striking (not wrestling) after only training in MMA for about a year. That kind've speaks for itself.
                    true. but the people he's beaten are not guys from a striking background either. i think it's a bit extreme to say that it's not a sport. but the average level of stand up ability has a long long way to go.

Comment

Working...
                    X