DeSouza In Peru ....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DeSouza In Peru ....

From www.fullcontactfighter.com

Spanning the globe for MMA coverage, FCF brings you to the breathtaking landscapes of beautiful Peru, home to UFC 31, 32, and 33 veteran Tony DeSouza, spotted here outside the ancient ceremonial ruins of Machu Picchu. A rising star in the UFC remembered best for his superb wrestling and lightening fast submission skills, DeSouza stepped out of the spotlight two years ago to promote his own gym in his native land, and was slated to appear on UFC 38's July 2002 card in London, England before opponent Gil Castillo dropped out due to illness. Always a fighter, though, and with some newly sharpened boxing skills in tow, the crafty welterweight has spent the last month traveling up the mighty Amazon via riverboat on route to Brazil to reunite with his instructor Andre Pederneiras of the famed Nova Uniao fight team. The impressive Nova Uniao family has fostered recent successes Renato "Charuto" Verissimo and Vitor "Shaolin" Ribeiro among their ranks, as well as American standouts John Lewis and UFC welterweight champion BJ Penn. DeSouza is hoping to follow in his brethren's footsteps with a return to fighting in a yet-to-be named Brazilian promotion as early as July. From there, 29-year old DeSouza told FCF he is open to returning to the States and the UFC later this year, or might even head east onto the flourishing Japanese scene. As always, FCF will keep you posted on it all.

I thought he got deported?

Comment

Tony in the motherland!! Next time I go to Peru I have to go to his gym.

PS: He never got deported, chubbs. He had visa problems and couldn't come in to the US once.

Comment

That picture is awesome. Unless it's summer over there, he must be freezing his balls off....

Comment

If it's recent then it is summer. But Macchu Picchu is so high up in the Andes that even in summer it feels kind of cold.

Comment

That's what I was thinking. I went to the top of the highest mountain in Portugal on a summer day and had to wear a sweater.

Serra da Estrella
            (sĕr´re the eshtrā´le) , mountain range, central Portugal. It rises to 6,532 ft (1,991 m) in Malhão da Estrela, Portugal's highest peak. The range is an important pastoral region. Its streams are used to generate hydroelectricity. Tungsten and tin are mined there. Notable for their beauty and their winter snows, the mountains are a year-round resort area.

Comment

Macchu Picchu is at only 7000 ft above sea level. It considered a low point in the Andes.

Comment

Training up there must be good for the stamina. I assume that's what he's doing up there in MMA shorts.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Beelzebub
                  Tony in the motherland!! Next time I go to Peru I have to go to his gym.

PS: He never got deported, chubbs. He had visa problems and couldn't come in to the US once.
                  I read somewhere he got deported

Comment

Working...
                  X