"Calzaghe looked like **** against Hopkins"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Calzaghe looked like **** against Hopkins"

So has everyone else he fought

Tarver looked like a lost child and even my boy winky cried to the reff all night because he was having trouble with hopkins.

I think Joe will probably look like **** against Jones too.

He should have fought a come forward guy to bow out on.

Comment

Originally posted by boxasmash View Post
      So has everyone else he fought

Tarver looked like a lost child and even my boy winky cried to the reff all night because he was having trouble with hopkins.

Your boy winky was crying to the ref because those head butts hurt more then Hopkins punches.

Originally posted by sparked_85 View Post
      I think Joe will probably look like **** against Jones too.

He should have fought a come forward guy to bow out on.
      I don't think so, Calzaghe doesn't look like **** against guys who fight fair. Not taking any credit away from Hopkins, Bika, and any other dirty fighter he has ever fought. The dirtier the fighter, the more problems for Joe.

Comment

Bar his last fight, Hopkins has been the most boring fighter in the last 8 years.

Comment

Originally posted by mojack View Post
          Bar his last fight, Hopkins has been the most boring fighter in the last 8 years.
          I dunno have you seen that Yuri Foreman guy fight. It hurts inside.

Comment

john ruiz...!

Comment

Originally posted by boxasmash View Post
              john ruiz...!
              I think we have a winner!

And yea, Hopkins is good at making people look bad. Doesn't matter if he wins or loses, he makes people look ****. Calzaghe was no different

Comment

Yeah this is another thing the Calzaghe detractors tend to ignore. If Calzaghe looked **** and won which makes him nothing. Then what does that make Winky, Tarver and Pavlik who looked even worse and lost?

Hell even Roy Jones didnt look special when he beat a green Hopkins in their awful first fight.

Comment

Originally posted by MacChamp View Post
                  Your boy winky was crying to the ref because those head butts hurt more then Hopkins punches.

I don't think so, Calzaghe doesn't look like **** against guys who fight fair. Not taking any credit away from Hopkins, Bika, and any other dirty fighter he has ever fought. The dirtier the fighter, the more problems for Joe.
                  He looked awful against David Starie who tried to keep the fight at range and really didn't give him any openings. A bit like Hopkins did but without the nice sharp counters.

I hope Jones walks him down. Then it'll be good.

Comment

Originally posted by sparked_85 View Post
                    He looked awful against David Starie who tried to keep the fight at range and really didn't give him any openings. A bit like Hopkins did but without the nice sharp counters.
                    With the nice sharp intentional head butts? You mean, lol... Did you see that gif image someone posted on this forum?

Calzaghe is slapping a lot(more then I wanted him to do in that fight because he really did look like a school girl at times
                    and he was nailed right with a head-butt that looked extremly intentional and even the ref joe cortez saw it in that clip and ignored that Hopkins just gave Calzaghe a really hard head-butt. I don't like Cortez.

Comment

Working...
                    X