How good is Hassan N'Dam N'Jikam?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How good is Hassan N'Dam N'Jikam?

I've never even heard of this guy.

Dude is rated #4 at BoxRec in the middleweight division. Can anybody fill me in?

Athletically i hear hes very impressive with good power.Hes good boxing skills too as he did quite well at the olympics

Comment

Boxrec rankings don't have much significance, as it is worked on a points system that can see fighters move up fighting bums through and through.

I've only seen N'Jikam fight once against Gennady Martirosyan. He hasn't fought anybody of note, and i think he's only ranked top 10 by the WBO only. I could be wrong.

The fight in which i saw was that he's a mover with fantastic stamina. He was non-stop switching from southpaw to orthodox through-out the fight to confuse Martirosyan, which was unnecessary really as his movement alone was anough to fool the Russian. He picked his opponent apart, but was always on the move no matter how little threat Martirosyan gave.

I was impressed by his energy and movement, but until he fights a noteworthy opponent, we just don't know how good he really is.

Comment

Originally posted by vercingetorix3 View Post
        I've never even heard of this guy.

Dude is rated #4 at BoxRec in the middleweight division. Can anybody fill me in?
        He's a beast,he can box and punch.Dude is fast.

Now,his balls,chin and ring IQ hasn't been tested yet...
        Who knows?He could end like Danny Jacobs,but he doesn't seem fraudulent as much as Danny was.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post

Who knows?He could end like Danny Jacobs,but he doesn't seem fraudulent as much as Danny was.
          How is Jacobs a fraud?

He's very young and got knocked out by a better, hard hitting and awkward fighter. It's not like he was telling everyone he's the next big thing.

Comment

Originally posted by any craic lad? View Post
            Athletically i hear hes very impressive with good power.Hes good boxing skills too as he did quite well at the olympics
            Ah, okay. I knew he was an Olympian from the BoxRec article, but not much else. Seems to have chosen France as his adopted home. Kinda usual, but whatever.

Originally posted by black.ink View Post
            Boxrec rankings don't have much significance, as it is worked on a points system that can see fighters move up fighting bums through and through.
            I know that, but still, I had no idea who this guy is, and yet he's still ranked so high. Usually, that's not the case.

Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post

Haha, it might be good test of the skill of both men if they met in the ring. Unlikely to happen, but you never know.

Thanks for the info, guys. I appreciate it.

Comment

Cameroon was a French colony, Cameroon anthem is in French, not that unusual given ther links.

He's one of the best coming out of Africa and thats probably the hardest road in this sport.

A fight with Golovkin for a belt is on the cards.
              Last edited by DET. IRONSIDE; 09-07-2010, 12:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X