Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All of boxing's biggest ppv attractions retiring soon, who will take their place??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All of boxing's biggest ppv attractions retiring soon, who will take their place??

Mayweather, Pacquiao, Hatton, Cotto, Hopkins, Jones probably all retired by 2011, Can anyone take over as a ppv attraction????

These are the fighters that I can see being potential PPV attractions:

Chad Dawson
    Paul Williams
    Yuriorkis Gamboa
    Juan Manuel Lopez
    Alfredo Angulo
    Timothy Bradley
    Amir Khan
    Edwin Valero
    Super Six Winner

Comment

Bradley, Bradley and Bradley.

Comment

the future of boxing looks pretty bad and dark. no doubt the sport is dying (has started to) and could die in the future.

Comment

first 3 answers are ****.

"its so easy, a caveman can do it" ---hes the next draw

Comment

Originally posted by Akyra View Post
            the future of boxing looks pretty bad and dark. no doubt the sport is dying (has started to) and could die in the future.
            It's already started to die? I find that hard to believe, considering the last HBO PPV had 1.25 million buys. And the one before that had just over 1 million.

They've been saying that the sport is gonna die for years. It just doesn't happen.

Comment

El canelo Alvarez if he does good this year.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowBoxing23 View Post
                It's already started to die? Even though the last HBO PPV had 1.25 million buys? And the one before that had just over 1 million?

They've been saying that the sport is gonna die for years. It just doesn't happen.
                the death has begun with the lack of a new generation of superstar attractions. no draws = no money = inevitable downhill course for the sport.

Comment

**** ppv...i wish they'd talk to the major networks so we can have boxing on regular channels again...once they've 'built up' the next batch of stars, then they can weasel back into the ppv market

i know its a pipedream and the lure of easy money is there but it would do wonders for this sport's growth in the long run

Comment

TOP 5 draws for boxing after those guys retiere:

Valero
                    Khan
                    Gamboa
                    Juanma Lopez
                    maybe David haye if he figts in the U.S.
                    Last edited by johncods; 02-25-2010, 07:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X