Comments Thread For: Mayweather: No Rush To Make Davis-Lomachenko Unification

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Banderivets View Post
    Strange times...

You have Wilder who grabbed a belt and wasn't ready for any "Top Fighters", and now you have Tank who snatches a belt yet he is not ready for Loma.

Maybe all these sanctioning bodies need to stop giving rankings to guys who won't be ready to fight the best once they get a belt?

In my view, once you are champ, you fight the best. If you need to keep developing a fighter, don't have him fight for a belt.

That's why I gotta give it up to Joshua, his team put him in a dangerous fight to prove his worth and guess what, he came out on top.

If Tank is champ and Loma stays at 130 they need to make that fight happen. I think at this point there is no shame in loosing to Loma.

Oh and f7ck the zero......Let fighters fight.
    In fairness, posters have been calling for Wilder to step up his comp and he wasn't responsible for Povetkin using PED's.

I think you make a fair point about sanctioning body rankings. They give fighters with powerful promoters exceptionally hig rankings very early.

IYO, should guys like Tank, Valdez, Jesse Magdaleno, for example be stripped of their titles since they are still being developed?

Comment

• Originally posted by BigStomps View Post
      Quit hating punk! Canelo is gonna tap g string's ass the same way I'll tap your ass b itch!
      What kind of idiot says that **** over a forum. What kind of prison mentality leads to a guy telling another guy he'd tap that ass.

Your ugly ass is only tapping fat *****es having them pay your bills. Don't get it twisted, no one is buying the act.

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
      Um.. I'm pretty sure you didn't read what he said. He said Tank was near mid twenties and Lomachenko was in his late 20's.Clearly trying to make them seem closer in age than they are.

You should try reading correctly before responding.
      NO I read you fine. He clearly states Tank's is almost 23. Which he'll in what 6 months. The point is they are both young and healthy, and Mayweather is talking aging Loma. That much is clear.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by The

IYO, should guys like Tank, Valdez, Jesse Magdaleno, for example be stripped of their titles since they are still being developed?
          I dunno man, I dont think its fair to strip Tank because he is the business, I like him and I see him beating most.

I just want them to make these guys fight the best and if they lopse so what?...fans should stop treating loses like the end all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Banderivets View Post
            I dunno man, I dont think its fair to strip Tank because he is the business, I like him and I see him beating most.

I just want them to make these guys fight the best and if they lopse so what?...fans should stop treating loses like the end all.
            Ok. I agree that a loss shouldn't end a fighter's career. That said, we are in the era of stars. Networks seem to believe that a loss means fans will never see a guy as a star and that will eventually hurt his development, unless he has a huge base of support like Canelo.

I just think if a fighter is young, even if he has a title, that shouldn't change his development plan in this era given the number of belts and how promoters have so much influence over rankings.

If this were the 1980's. then Tank would be no where near a title shot given who he has fought. Even with the most powerful promoter, he wouldn't be in position to fight for the WBA or WBC titles.

Comment

• Originally posted by RetroSpeed05 View Post

How anyone can dislike Loma is beyond me.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Progrssive_Jedi;17693128]What kind of idiot says that **** over a forum. What kind of prison mentality leads to a guy telling another guy he'd tap that ass.

Your ugly ass is only tapping fat *****es having them pay your bills. Don't get it twisted, no one is buying the act.

Punk I'll have you paying my bills too b itch!

Comment

• Salido beat Loma in his dotage. Loma picked him, he thought Salido was easy.with 12 losses and Salido beat him, Tank will anihilate him. Floyd knows if Tank beats Loma now, there won't be any bait for a big fight. Let Tank build his brand, then KO that tip toe ballarina.

Comment

• "there's no rush" and "we're not ducking anyone" means davis will be pitted against c-class fighters until he retires from boxing undefeated as simple as that..

Comment

• Of course not. Haha.

Comment

Working...
                      X