Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sergey Kovalev on Andre Ward-Brand: Anything Can Happen!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
    Not sure where you and the other posters have been the last month. Virgil Hunter gave a pretty good list of the fighters they offered before settling on Brand. EVERYONE knows that this fight is about Ward getting rounds that sparring can't offer. Not sure why you guys are projecting an argument that no one is making.

I do..... may I answer that question please ?

They are butt-hurt little fangirls..... and they are still upset because Ward punked lil'G and made him look like a shickken..... so dey be hatin

It's the same half-a-dozen tards.

Comment

There is a difference between offering fights to legit competition and getting official no answers and asking the IBF to select a new mandatory just to get the mandatory out of the way. Wade was a choice essentially. Brook was a choice as well. Not a totally illogical choice, but a choice. Golovkin was hoping to set up a fight with Alvarez, Ward has a signed contract to fight Kovalev. That difference alone makes the odds comparison a limited discussion.

right, so..... STFU GloveKing, you whiney fangirl b1tch

Comment

Originally posted by megh50 View Post
        He is taking it to stay active and to build his bank account. He was out of the mix for over two years and needs to build up the bank account to fund his training camp for Kovalev
        You reckon? I have no idea ... how much does a training camp cost? I would have thought it could come out of the purse for the Kovalev fight - you always hear that abc fighter is not making all that much as the purse suggests because he has to pay for the training camp. Is it normal to pay for the training camp first or after a fight from the proceeds?

How much does the commentating gigs pay? Would have thought he had money saved up after all the fights he has been in.

Comment

I was with you until you proclaimed few versus multitude. Seems like you are one of the folks who play the race card to discredit others arguments against fighters you like. Funny, not sure how you determine ethnicity over the Internet with no profile pictures.
          Come on man - you know better than that - when you see comments like "my fellow bro" or similar its pretty obvious what the ethnicity of the poster is. No I am not playing the race card nor have I - that was the whole point of my previous post - just because I can point out that there are racists in this forum doesn't make me a racist.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post
            Yeah well - there's agendas in here. There's a few white posters who are clearly racist and then there is a multitude of black posters who can't see anything positive about almost any white fighter and worship nearly all black fighters. Yet if you call them out on it you are the racist. It is what it is. I understand it and try to navigate around the hypocrisy and just enjoy the sport and the serious comments.
            Well said. Good post. The difference is that I don't see any posters who are against black fighters just because they're black. All the white fans here still embraced Hagler, Tyson big time, Hearns, possibly SRL although he ran a lot vs Hagler, Ali, and so on. They embrace Mexican fighters, Puerto Rican fighters. White fans don't really seem to care about that stuff, they just want to see entertaining fights and root for fighters who call out the best.

But many black fans here won't embrace white fighters period. And they don't care that their favorite black fighters actively duck the best. How many "bomb squaadddddd" sigs have you seen here? It's embarrassing. Like how could anyone ever root for him or Gary Russell jr after their five year run of TBD opponents? Do people not remember those Gary Russell jr TBD days? The division was hot, Mares, Rigo, Donaire, LSC were all at their best, we were all waiting to see those fights every time a fight announcement was coming up, and Gary Russell jr let us down every ****ing time. But people are going to root for him? Come on.

So when you say there are clear white racists on here... when white fans see the black fans defend every ducking black fighter, but criticize fighters like GGG who try to fight the best, it's natural that they start to feel like, "forget these biased dudes! Many of the black fans here are so biased!" It's natural. And sometimes frustration gets the best of them so they generalize or say dumb **** since it's a forum after all. I don't think that makes them truly racist. But the black fans who really do care about what race the fighter is, and hate every white fighter no matter what, love every black fighter no matter what, that's different.

In other words, it's black fans who seem to be the source of this now. White fans just notice it and react back.

By the same taken, why did black fans get this way in the first place? Maybe because they saw racist white fans hating black fighters 40 years ago for no reason, and they just reacted to that. There's definitely history that has to be acknowledged here, but in terms of today, 2016, white people have mostly moved on from that racial focus, but black fans seem completely obsessed with it. So yeah, in 2016, I wouldn't make a false equivalency that there are fans of each race like this. I'm sure white fans like this do exist, but in terms of the trend here on boxingscene, I see fans who clearly have an anti-white, pro-black bias in literally every thread, and I rarely see the opposite. Because what bias do you need to root for GGG? None. He tries to fight the best, he has an entertaining style, and he's a gentleman. You don't need any bias to root for a guy like that. But to root for Floyd or Ward, two boring fighters who barely fight or fought, and rarely fight anyone good? You definitely need a bias, especially with Floyd and his outside the ring issues.

Especially because in Floyd's division, you also had Pacquiao. Anyone without a racial bias would have automatically rooted for Pacquiao, not Floyd. It's not rocket science. The equally skilled, more entertaining style, who fought in wars, fought everyone, went up a million divisions, and was respectful of the fans and the sport, came from bad circumstances same as Floyd. Every single comparison between the two, it's either even, or you would have reason to root for Pacquiao, not Floyd. There's only one category that would cause anyone to root for Floyd and that was race. So that's the difference. There are a ton of black fans who are obsessed with race, and choose their fighters based on that. White fans just seem to root for the best, most entertaining fighters who don't duck. Whether they're white like GGG or Kovalev, Philippino like Pacquiao, black like Tyson, Mexican like Morales or Barrera, they don't care. That's the difference.
            Last edited by Boxing Logic; 08-06-2016, 05:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MisanthropicNY View Post
              GGG fighting Brook = the Anti-Whites on here said GGG is picking on smaller guys...

Ward hasn't even fought a true 175 pounder at 175 yet and hasn't fought a serious opponent in years = Ward = Lb for Lb king...

Ward is fighting a smaller guy, no outrage over it... if it were a White fighter like Kova..different story..
              Yeah well - there's agendas in here. There's a few white posters who are clearly racist and then there is a multitude of black posters who can't see anything positive about almost any white fighter and worship nearly all black fighters. Yet if you call them out on it you are the racist. It is what it is. I understand it and try to navigate around the hypocrisy and just enjoy the sport and the serious comments.
              It's boxing guys, don't read too hard into it.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
                But many black fans here won't embrace white fighters period. And they don't care that their favorite black fighters actively duck the best. How many "bomb squaadddddd" sigs have you seen here? It's embarrassing. Like how could anyone ever root for him or Gary Russell jr after their five year run of TBD opponents?

In other words, it's black fans who seem to be the source of this now. White fans just notice it and react back.

Especially because in Floyd's division, you also had Pacquiao. Anyone without a racial bias would have automatically rooted for Pacquiao, not Floyd. It's not rocket science. The equally skilled, more entertaining style, who fought in wars, fought everyone, went up a million divisions, and was respectful of the fans and the sport, came from bad circumstances same as Floyd. Every single comparison between the two, it's either even, or you would have reason to root for Pacquiao, not Floyd. There's only one category that would cause anyone to root for Floyd and that was race. So that's the difference. There are a ton of black fans who are obsessed with race, and choose their fighters based on that. White fans just seem to root for the best, most entertaining fighters who don't duck. Whether they're white like GGG or Kovalev, Philippino like Pacquiao, black like Tyson, Mexican like Morales or Barrera, they don't care. That's the difference.
                This is about the most nonsensical, disrespectful, and racially charged statement I have read on this site. You're basically saying that black boxing fans are racist and that they don't follow or support non-black fighters. What secluded part of the world do you live in? I know several black boxing fans who are hardcore Pacquiao, Alvarez, Cotto, or Golovkin fans. I started following GGG on the recommendation of a black guy!

Again...Stop trying to label people who disagree with you as a means to discredit their views. Stop disrespecting the non-black boxing fans who like Mayweather, Ward, and Wilder. And please stop trying to pretend that racism in boxing is limited to blacks. Over half the folks on here using slang are racist folks trying to be funny or derisive.

Comment

Come on man - you know better than that - when you see comments like "my fellow bro" or similar its pretty obvious what the ethnicity of the poster is. No I am not playing the race card nor have I - that was the whole point of my previous post - just because I can point out that there are racists in this forum doesn't make me a racist.
                  Never said you were a racist. But since you're on a crusade to point out racist on these threads, let's call them all out. Not just the ones you believe are black fans not giving your favorite fighter a fair shake.

Comment

As a black man, proud black man, I was happy to see a blue collar Joe smith beat fonfara, it was a nice story and as a New Yorker I was proud of the Long Island kid, I also was happy as hell to see Frampton win in Brooklyn, I'm a Haitian man but ethnicity doesn't matter when recognizing skill and showing love.....

BUT.....

I'm sick and tired of some (I said some, so calm the **** down) of white boxing fans mad because some blacks arent sucking off GGG and kovalev, it's my prerogative to be impressed or not be by any other fighter who happens to be white and gets a lot of media and HBO praise, and maybe, just maybe, some black fans are really rebelling against the over clamoring for guys like GGG who are still unproven but get media push by the Steve Kim's of the world

We saw it with manny, he wasn't white but he was the quiet foreign servant of Bob arum and the antithesis to Floyd attitude and boxing intellect, so it was easy to love manny and hate Floyd

Cut it out, some black boxing fans prefer a certain style, you don't like it, fine, let us live
                    Last edited by miked85; 08-06-2016, 06:52 PM.

Comment

Alexander Brand has a punchers chance

Comment

Working...
                      X