Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Broner and Leo Santa Cruz retired today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rocky Balboa Arturo Gatti Ray Mancini are in the Ibhof to answer the question No they wouldn't get in

Comment

Broner top ten ATG

Comment

Originally posted by MrClutch85 View Post
        Rocky Balboa Arturo Gatti Ray Mancini are in the Ibhof to answer the question No they wouldn't get in
        Agreed HOF only goes for so much, I don't know If I will look back and remember fondly of Broner and Santa Cruz but there is plenty of time to change that.
        Being remembered counts more than a HOF label.

Comment

If Floyd gets in, its like Broner got in too.

Comment

Arturo Gatti is in because he was in probably the greatest fight on film, or at least in the top 3. He was in lots of big fights and actually crossed over into the mainstream, even if he wasn't a great fighter, he was box office and did good numbers. He also won some world titles, which helps but he is not in based on his ability, but he is a rare fighter who's world wide appeal far outweighed his ability. Overall I think most people agree it would feel wrong if Gatti wasn't in there, he is a special case

As for the thread - don't be ridiculous. Neither is even close. Broner's best win is an over the hill Paulie Malignaggi, it is possible for him to get in the future, but he will really have to turn his career around, it does not look likely though.

They are weird selections to debate. I think there are better fighters to debate.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
              Arturo Gatti is in because he was in probably the greatest fight on film, or at least in the top 3. He was in lots of big fights and actually crossed over into the mainstream, even if he wasn't a great fighter, he was box office and did good numbers. He also won some world titles, which helps but he is not in based on his ability, but he is a rare fighter who's world wide appeal far outweighed his ability. Overall I think most people agree it would feel wrong if Gatti wasn't in there, he is a special case

As for the thread - don't be ridiculous. Neither is even close. Broner's best win is an over the hill Paulie Malignaggi, it is possible for him to get in the future, but he will really have to turn his career around, it does not look likely though.

They are weird selections to debate. I think there are better fighters to debate.
              In all reality i chose them to show how meaningless being a muilty division champ can be now. I chose them because one is undefeated (which also is losing meaning) & the other accomplishes a historical feat the other day by being the youngest 4 division champ ever & how meaningless that is. These meaningless belts & recognition some of these modern fighters get is ludacris.

Comment

Working...
              X