Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why did Michael Spinks retire after tyson KO?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it had to do with the weight likw the poster above me said

Comment

He was on the brink of formal retirement already, but returned to fight Tyson for a huge payday. The disrespect in this thread is astounding

Comment

Mike was pretty tired of training and his body was in bad shape. His knees were terrible and with a bad knee or knees your in trouble in this sport!
        This young man was an Amatuer USA champ a Gold Medalists a LtHvy Champ a Hvy contender!!! I'd say thats doing some BIG accomplishments in a sport that demands more than any other sport!!

No one was thrilled to fight this man at 175lbs he's a top twenty LtHvy all time fighter!! Probably top ten if I think about it for a while. Ray

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
          Mike was pretty tired of training and his body was in bad shape. His knees were terrible and with a bad knee or knees your in trouble in this sport!
          This young man was an Amatuer USA champ a Gold Medalists a LtHvy Champ a Hvy contender!!! I'd say thats doing some BIG accomplishments in a sport that demands more than any other sport!!

No one was thrilled to fight this man at 175lbs he's a top twenty LtHvy all time fighter!! Probably top ten if I think about it for a while. Ray
          Agree! Then add in the fact that M Spinks said over and over he did not love boxing and that boxing was his job and thats all. You don't see him hanging around the gyms or even ringside.

Comment

No reason to keep fighting. His legacy as a legend was secure. The Tyson fight does absolutely nothing to diminish his status as one of the greatest fighters that ever lived.

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
            TOP 20?!! TOP 10???

Try top 5, easily.

Comment

Originally posted by TysonBomb View Post
              He got raped by Tyson

Trauma was too much for him
              And yet knowledgeable boxing fans know that Spinks' career craps all over Tyson's.

Wouldn't expect you to know that, as I'm very sure that Spinks-Tyson is the only Spinks fight you've ever watched in your life (although I'm equally sure that you've watched it at least a hundred times, probably with a bottle of vaseline nearby).

Comment

Spinks didn't like professional boxing, not really. His wife died in a car accident in 1983 and he only really carried on to get money to provide for his young daughter.
                After winning the heavyweight title in 1985 he was ready to retire and only really stuck around to see if he could get a big payday against washed-up Gerry Cooney.
                Butch Lewis, his manager, had no intention of matching him with young heavyweights, but the Tyson money was just too big to turn down.
                Spinks was really semi-retired months before he faced Tyson. It was always just a "retirement plan" fight for Spinks.

Comment

Spinks didn't give a fxck about boxing anymore, he didn't even train for that Tyson fight. If he did train he probably could have done better, but would expected a similar result in the end. The Tyson fight doesn't diminish his status, he was simply one of the greatest fighters of all time, and one of if not the greatest light heavyweight of all time. What happened against Tyson would happen 10/10, but he ranks miles ahead of Tyson in terms of accomplishments.

Comment

buc

of diary Andre ..
                    Let me tell a story .. which recently had a chance to survive .. affiliated with box .. ot this work for you Merchant anecdote at the upcoming gala naked - salad .. the 23th avenue jade jersey, my silver pontiac solstice, alloy 16.2 places the driver passenger bucket seats and so on. (Aug kickin mill on .org, August is .. lol) Ok to shore .. together with Maks Kellerman, Don Rafael, (boys at around 20mil changing positions on top of who's who on the bottom). Elapses without an hour's drive slow in thought motto what motivates us just about everything that is not about boxing. In the end I decided to break the mark monotony roar of 172 horsepower, mixed with sighs plays with each of my two old horses biological ..
                    -Gentlemen! -Determination in my voice was like a green light for the rapidly expanding pupillary butter.
                    -I can not get enough! or be accompanied by you, we quickie life and end up on the nearest tree, or whore you stop? now!
                    -Take shut up ass Mark Scoop Malinowsky - Dan replied, wrinkling his forehead, among others.
                    -Oh .. ready .. One goat death - Eagerly Scoop groaned.
                    Indolent mental-Whore! - Don consciously grabbed the wheel, loose danger.
                    -What I meant you not spinal, but your IQ as **** do not embrace the metaphor topic .. even if you are stuffed to the brim with smelly green pants in whom parading around the house, pulling them just below the nipples exposing the limits of his miserable 8 cm, ( I read. org and slipped those of the individual human being that inche .. If you had the equipment funded Toma$ Adamczyk these weekly gastroscopy, even 24 hours a day commenting vanished not be as rigid posture ramrod $ toma and even in the eyes the biggest psychofans on bokser.org - gay site with gay editorials. .) and the goat shepherd is cycled before picking asbestos.
                    -Do-do-well drawled - Mark Scoop, praying in the spirit of the god-dollar by Max not heard his shameful past ..
                    Unfortunately, or perhaps fortunately Max heard .. Because his jaw dropped as Tom in 2 rd in wroclaw .. however, I began to suspect drool ... Whether such practices are on the agenda in the world of professional boxing? New light on this aspect of throwing a certain szpilberg, sire, won by the shaft, pregnancy by **** .. and how things are going in mein events? About
                    this August when we will reach our destination .. But that's another story ... LoL ..

sincerely:
                    Dear Mr. Scoop Malinowsky

Comment

Working...
                    X