Collapse
No announcement yet.

If GGG moves up 1 weight class and fights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GGG is a warrior but I really don't like the idea of him fighting at 168. He's too small and what makes him such a threat will be neutralized by being so small. He's about the same height as Abraham and we saw how small he appeared against the Super Six guys. GGG is better than Arthur, just sayin.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
      actually, i guarantee froch would try and box. i guarantee it.

why would you set out to "break his bones," when that's the only type of fight that golovkin can win.

froch has long ass arms. he would box for 12 rounds and win a decision, but it wouldn't be as easy as the abraham fight. golovkin is a lot quicker (he's still not fast, but abraham doesn't even try to move quickly,) has a better work rate, and he's much less wild.
      very good assessment, agreed on all points except maybe froch winning it. tbh i don't know who would win as it would be interesting to see if ggg carries his power to 168

also, abraham isnt a combination puncher and fights in spurts. ggg keeps the pressure on the entire fight and always punches in combinations. i would pick ggg to KO abraham right now and if that fight ever came off i would put real money on my prediction. ggg's accuracy and timing is incredible and thats the blueprint to beat abraham

Comment

Froch is too big and crafty for GGG at this moment IMHO.

Comment

I personally would rather see GGG fight David Lemieux. Keep it in the weight class. We all know David would lose within 4 or 5 rounds, but man, those first 2-3 rounds with that kind of punching power getting exchanged would be something to behold.

Comment

The last 5' 10" MW that was very good at 160 and went up to 168, was Arthur Abraham and we all know how his career turned out over there.

Ward, Froch, Dirrell, Kessler all beat him handily.

He should stay at MW.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
              GGG is a warrior but I really don't like the idea of him fighting at 168. He's too small and what makes him such a threat will be neutralized by being so small. He's about the same height as Abraham and we saw how small he appeared against the Super Six guys. GGG is better than Arthur, just sayin.
              And he hasn't even proved that yet. Which is the problem with his fans. They say a whole lot of things about him that just are not proven yet.

Abraham has beaten Miranda twice, both versions of this Miranda are better than any one on Golovkin's resume. The damaged-goods Taylor that Abraham fought is better than anyone on Golovkin's resume. Abraham has actually beaten a champion, a weak champion in Steiglitz, but still a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                The last 5' 10" MW that was very good at 160 and went up to 168, was Arthur Abraham and we all know how his career turned out over there.

Ward, Froch, Dirrell, Kessler all beat him handily.

He should stay at MW.
                when did kessler beat abraham?

Comment

And he hasn't even proved that yet. Which is the problem with his fans. They say a whole lot of things about him that just are not proven yet.

Abraham has beaten Miranda twice, both versions of this Miranda are better than any one on Golovkin's resume. The damaged-goods Taylor that Abraham fought is better than anyone on Golovkin's resume. Abraham has actually beaten a champion, a weak champion in Steiglitz, but still a champion.
                  It's crazy how Abraham is perceived now in comparison to 2009-2010.

The hype Golovkin has now is very reminiscent of the hype Abraham had.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                    It's crazy how Abraham is perceived now in comparison to 2009-2010.

The hype Golovkin has now is very reminiscent of the hype Abraham had.
                    except ggg has been chasing big fights since he's entered the world stage while abraham was facing scrubs in germany in a similar way sturm was doing at that time

pirog wouldve also been a better name on his resume than stieglitz was for abraham and its not his fault pirog got injured either

Comment

Absolutely AA is way more accomplished, and was pretty feared at middle. But everybody was aware of his limitations, just couldn't get away from his power late. GG has some of the same limitations, but not all. AA is a crude boxer with no amateur career, doing the Wegnar by the numbers schtick. GG was an elite amateur, where his power should have been less of a factor

Comment

Working...
                      X