Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum Hopes Pacquiao Regains Old Fire For Marquez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"I'm looking mentally whether he's in it or if he's worried about what bible-study portion he's going to do that night."

Uh Oh, there it is fellas. If Pac gets knocked out or has a poor showing ...
    blame it on the bible-study portion he did that night.

Comment

If Cotto was truly washed up, Pac would have accepted to fight him, just like he did Hoya (at 147), Clottey (at 147), Mosley (at 147).... Let alone a washed up Margarito at a catchweight for JMW title/gift.
      ODLH challenged Pac during that time, not the other way around. Pac was still a LW and DLH was a Jr MW. Why doesn't anyone call Oscar out for challenging a guy 3 divisions below you? WW seemed fair to meet half way for both. Its not Manny's fault DLH couldnt make 47.

Clottey only became a Jr MW after he fought Pac. Before that he was a former WW champ and fought most of his career at WW. Weight shouldnt be a topic when it comes to Manny.

Mosley, again... He mainly campaigned at WW when Pac was there. He even said in interviews after he fought Sergio Mora he wasn't a Jr MW and we all know he fought Canelo at Jr WW because of the money. Weight shouldn't be excuse here either.

As for Margarito, didn't Cotto want to fight him at 150 as well. Tony didn't accept that so the CW was 153 lol. So Cotto can't make 150 for Pac but he can for Margarito? Lets be honest here... At ANY weight, Pac beats Cotto.

Pac will look a fool vs JMM again and then Bob will say we want Mayweather while making a Pac vs Bradley II while prepping Rios for a WW fight vs Pac after the fact or vice-a-versa. Pac resigning with Bob (who has an agenda) convinced me we won't see the fight until his new contract is about to expire, meaning he retires so Bob cashes out.
      Yes, Arum is a big reason why the fight isn't happening but so is Floyd. Outside of May, who else is there for Manny to fight? Its either he stays busy or fights once a year or go into a semi-retirement.

Comment

Once again the women who hate Pac are back at it with thier Drama Queen remarks. Man, take something for your fuking period. "Ooohhh Pac is going to say this", "Oooohhh Pac is going to say that", "Ooohhh Pac is lifting weights". "Ooohhh Bob said this", "Ooohhh Bob said that". Ladies, get off the damn gossip!

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
          Once again the women who hate Pac are back at it with thier Drama Queen remarks. Man, take something for your fuking period. "Ooohhh Pac is going to say this", "Oooohhh Pac is going to say that", "Ooohhh Pac is lifting weights". "Ooohhh Bob said this", "Ooohhh Bob said that". Ladies, get off the damn gossip!

lol ok oprah...

Comment

Originally posted by MindBat View Post
            "I'm looking mentally whether he's in it or if he's worried about what bible-study portion he's going to do that night."

Uh Oh, there it is fellas. If Pac gets knocked out or has a poor showing ...
            blame it on the bible-study portion he did that night.
            I heard a rumor awhile back that Pac didn't want to fight Mayweather because he is so bad and not a man of "god" and that if Pac where to lose he would go to hell for it, while Bob was feeding the media that Pac could possibly lose the election if he lost to Floyd or did business with such a bad person like Mayweather.

Of course this was when Bob needed to build a special Mayweather stadium while Pac's eye stopped bleeding from LW JMM and needed more time. Bob even threatened team Mayweather to leave them alone and stop calling about the fight that everyone wanted...

Of course the religion and politics excuse is all just rumor, I doubt Pac takes god that serious right? Not to mention Bob actually thinking Pac could lose an election if he lost to Floyd let alone did business with him.

Comment

Originally posted by WESS View Post
              I heard a rumor awhile back that Pac didn't want to fight Mayweather because he is so bad and not a man of "god" and that if Pac where to lose he would go to hell for it, while Bob was feeding the media that Pac could possibly lose the election if he lost to Floyd or did business with such a bad person like Mayweather.

Of course this was when Bob needed to build a special Mayweather stadium while Pac's eye stopped bleeding from LW JMM and needed more time. Bob even threatened team Mayweather to leave them alone and stop calling about the fight that everyone wanted...

Of course the religion and politics excuse is all just rumor, I doubt Pac takes god that serious right? Not to mention Bob actually thinking Pac could lose an election if he lost to Floyd let alone did business with him.
              It was about how bad floyd bashes opponents during the build upto a fight and arum thought it would damage pacs chances of election by associating himself with someone like that. Forgot about that and no one mentions it. Ha

Comment

Pac needs a different gameplan for Marquez.

The 'old fire' isn't enough to beat Marquez, as we have learned.

Comment

Old fire??

WHAT old fire???

didnt marquez and pac fight in 2004??

and didnt they fight in 2008??

where was the "old fire" in those fights!!!

those fights were VERY CONTROVERSIAL???

SO what old fire is arum talking about???

Comment

Pac was great against oscar, hatton, cotto and even clottey

I even believe against Margarito he was at his best

the rest has been a good/very good version of himself, don't get me wrong, he will still beat every welter apart from maybe floyd which imo is 50-50 for me, but the point is that he has not been at his peak best

I really think he needs to just regain his sharpness, that is what I think has been missing

Comment

When Pacquaio virtually walked through Margarito he felt unstoppable at 147, so yeah he took it light after that who can blame him..he beat the living shhh out of a man who held just about every advantage over him with the exception of speed..The only thing the man said is "I can't handle this weight, the fighters are too strong for me" and he had a point in that regard. It amazes me that people can't give this guy the credit he deserves whether you are a fan of his or not you cannot deny his fights are exciting and entertaining. When Floyd announces he is fighting we can all talk til we are blue in the face but Floyd ain't boxing, he ain't training, he ain't even discussing boxing so let sleeping dogs lay..

Comment

Working...
                      X