No announcement yet.

Referee stoppages are ruining boxing for me

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike Haynes View Post
    Bad judging should ruin it for you more than referee stoppages.
    Yup,

This was a good stoppage.

Comment

Originally posted by komodo View Post
      That was a good stoppage, it have been stopped much sooner. Seems like some people are not happy unless a fighter is carried out on a fukin stretcher.
      BINGO. Unless someone is a vegetable in the ring people say it's an early stoppage smfh.

Comment

Hard to see it now but if Khan is able to rebuild his career to a respectable level, he should look back at the fight ending when it did and thanking it wasn't even a second later.

Referees always allow more leniency in PPV/Championship fights for guys to get back up and attempt to continue.

It was painful to watch, and should have been stopped earlier (I had money on Khan carrying over from Haye's win, and I was screaming for the ref to end the punishment).

If the fight had continued, Khan would have been in the hospital.

Comment

I suppose you'd rather see fighters die in the ring? Kenny Bayless made a good call, Khan was never to be fully recovered, like some ppl are saying if anything Bayless should have stopped the fight a lot sooner. Roach himself was tempted to not even allow Khan out of the 3rd round. It was a good stoppage, not all fights have to end in a brutal ko where the fighter is unconscious.

Comment

Kenny gave Amir a standing 20 count after the first knockdown, and did his part to make sure Amir had plenty of time to recover. Good stoppage. His punches had no zip, no power and his legs were spaghetti. He could have gotten really hurt

Comment

I'm pretty sure getting a 19 second count for a KD is being given the benefit of the doubt

Comment

I agree, OP. Both the Kahn and Chisora stoppages were premature.

Comment

Working...
                X