Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Lomachenko Leaves Toprank And Goes To Dazn? What Kind Of Deal Can He Get?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MasterPlan View Post
    Maybe I worded that wrong. I meant Canelo as far as selling DAZN to the US public. How is he gonna do that he doesn't speak English.

They can't really push the product to the masses.
    They've seemed to do it well enough so far. Like I said you're preaching to the choir on him doing all this stuff in Spanish & rarely speaking English ever, but the thing is his base has a lot of cats who speak Spanish & some only speak Spanish. And a lot of people, not me for the record, don't mind subtitles or translators so I think Canelo has the same impact he's been having.

But yea for sure Oscar needs to be sticking some sh^t up Canelo's ass if he don't start speaking English cuz EVERYONE'S money is going up if he can start going on mainstream American shows & just doing more sh^t across the board in English & still do his usually sh^t in Spanish to Spanish facing sh^t.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterPlan View Post
      Maybe I worded that wrong. I meant Canelo as far as selling DAZN to the US public. How is he gonna do that he doesn't speak English.

They can't really push the product to the masses.
      mexican-americans and mexicans living in the us are also part of the us public... in fact you can argue they buy more ppvs than white or black people in the us...

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
        Think he signed a five year deal in 2015.
        Well I guess that ain't happening then. Or not for another 14 or so month anyway.

And randomly he needs to stfu about DAZN cuz Bob will for sure do him like Mikey or JCC Jr or like Floyd is doing to Tank now if he acts too much like he's looking to cross the street or tries to make something happen sooner then his deal is up lol.

Bob gonna start talking about Bud vs Loma in 2019 probably lol. Gonna try to get Loma beat.

These promoters ain't loyal.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          They've seemed to do it well enough so far. Like I said you're preaching to the choir on him doing all this stuff in Spanish & rarely speaking English ever, but the thing is his base has a lot of cats who speak Spanish & some only speak Spanish. And a lot of people, not me for the record, don't mind subtitles or translators so I think Canelo has the same impact he's been having.

But yea for sure Oscar needs to be sticking some sh^t up Canelo's ass if he don't start speaking English cuz EVERYONE'S money is going up if he can start going on mainstream American shows & just doing more sh^t across the board in English & still do his usually sh^t in Spanish to Spanish facing sh^t.
          True and I don't dispute that one bit ... but DAZN is new. This ain't HBO or SHO or ESPN that's has a proven track record. He has to get peoples to subscribe to something totally new that they've never heard of before.

Example Steph Curry is with Under Armour. Steph is one of the most popular NBA players in the league (2nd actually in the past 5 years to only LeBron) yet can't sale his Under Armour Shoes for nothing.

But if he's with Nike he'd have a top selling shoe because of the name Nike behind it. That's all it takes.

Comment

Originally posted by icha View Post
            mexican-americans and mexicans living in the us are also part of the us public... in fact you can argue they buy more ppvs than white or black people in the us...
            Even without Mexicans...my experience is that Canelo and GGG both have a lot of fans among English-speaking casuals.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
              Loma isn't a big draw in any of the countries DAZN are in. Thinking he can get 10 mil a fight is fantasy.
              they offered mikey 8 million

Comment

Originally posted by .!WAR MIKEY! View Post
                they offered mikey 8 million
                Mexicans are the biggest buyers of boxing in the US aren't they? Understandable they want Mexicans on DAZN, they're going to be the backbone of the service in the US.

Comment

He can probably get 2M-3M per fight max.

Comment

Originally posted by .!WAR MIKEY! View Post
                    dazn is making power moves that how you cash out.

showtime gave mayweather 32 million guarantee as a power move, these companies got heavy pockets and willing to spend that money to make the power moves they need to. Thats when you can cash out.

You think ESPN or Showtime was gonna offer canelo 365 Million?
                    Showtime took a calculated risk, but did so with a cogent path to recouping their expense; for the 6 Floyd fights, if they were able to get 6 million PPV buys at $60sd, they would cover, and Floyd had basically been at that for his own fights since Marquez.

What is DAZN's path? At $10 a month, you need 36500000 paid months for Canelo to cover; split that over the 5 years and you're at 7300000 paid months per year. Canelo converts his fans to simply buy the full year, rather than just his two months, and you need 600000 making the jump explicitly for Canelo and the Canelo promo stuff.

I don't know if ESPN would've made such an offer, but Showtime would've definitely run the numbers for the deal (@$65/$75, to cover a payout of $365m, Alvarez would basically have to generate $750m over 11 fights. An average of 1.1m PPV homes per fight; a tough ask, tbh).

Comment

Salido's son ain't leaving Top Rank because Uncle Bob protect his punk Euro bum ass from real challenges...

Comment

Working...
                      X