Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Mayweather's 2007-2015 run of consecutive opponents the best ever?!?!?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, if you stare at Mayweather's pic and say it over and over again...No.

Comment

Originally posted by mcdonalds View Post
      oops i meant to say 2006-2015

Just based off of consecutive opponents.

Zab Judah: 147 IBF welterweight champion. Coming off a loss to baldomir so it's not that impressive, but we are only getting started

Baldomir: 147 WBC and Lineal champion. #2 Welterweight

Oscar de la hoya: 154 WBC champion. Hall of famer

Ricky Hatton: #8 P4P. WBA Welterweight champion. IBF and the ring light welterweight champion.

Marquez: #2 P4P (Lightweight doe). hall of famer

Mosley: #3 P4P and 147 WBA champion. Hall of famer

Ortiz: 147 WBC champion # 2 welterweight boxer

Cotto: 154 WBA light middleweight champion. #2 Super welterweight boxer. Hall of famer

Guerrero: #9 P4P and #3 Welterweight boxer. WBC interim champion

Canelo: #9 P4P. 154 WBC and the Ring champion. #1 super welterweight boxer.

Maidana (Twice): 147 WBA champion. Just came off a huge win over #9 P4P little bro

Pacquiao: #2 P4P, 147 WBO champion, #2 welterweight boxer. Hall of famer

Berto: lol

ALL HAIL MR TBE

Image result for bowing down gif
      Berto
      Old pac
      Guerrero
      Ortrees
      Over weight jmm
      Lmfao!
      That is no impressive at all

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
        It was a great run, Flag Boy, but not the best ever in my opinion. You are making some of the opponents sound better than they were. Oscar was way,way past prime. Mosley was a very old boxer and whoever had him 3rd pfp was nuts. Baldomir stinks. Hatton was nothing special at welterweight and not the 8th best pfp boxer in the world at that time. He fought a green Canelo at a 152 pound catchweight. Ortiz stinks. Berto Stinks. Guerrero was not very good and again whoever had him 9th pfp was nuts. 2006 to 2015 is a 9 year run with only 13 fights. Trinidad had a 9 year undefeated run of over 20 straight wins mostly by KO from the time he won the welterweight title to winning the middleweight title and he beat some great fighters in that 9 year run. Henry Armstrong won world titles at 126, 135 and 147 and defended his welterweight title about 20 times all in less than 9 years. You can kiss Mayweather's ass and worship him as a god and bow down to him and call him TBE all you want but don't tell others they must do likewise. I think he was an all time great but he was not TBE and his 9 year run was not the best ever in my opinion.
        Every single publication on the planet had Mosley #3 P4P.

And Hatton was P4P #8 aswell.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
          Berto
          Old pac
          Guerrero
          Ortrees
          Over weight jmm
          Lmfao!
          That is no impressive at all
          Old Pac was #2 p4p and still a top 2 welterweight. I bet you were also one of those guys who thought Pac was gonna beat mayweather. Floyd is also older than pac lmfao

Guerrero was p4p and a top 3 welterweight

Ortiz was a champion and a top 3 welterweight.

Lmfao who has a better run of consecutive opponents back to back to back to back, etc?

I'll wait!!!!!
          Last edited by mcdonalds; 08-06-2018, 04:16 PM.

Comment

mosley n pac were too old but klits was a great W for AJ

Comment

It was a great run, Flag Boy, but not the best ever in my opinion. You are making some of the opponents sound better than they were. Oscar was way,way past prime. Mosley was a very old boxer and whoever had him 3rd pfp was nuts. Baldomir stinks. Hatton was nothing special at welterweight and not the 8th best pfp boxer in the world at that time. He fought a green Canelo at a 152 pound catchweight. Ortiz stinks. Berto Stinks. Guerrero was not very good and again whoever had him 9th pfp was nuts. 2006 to 2015 is a 9 year run with only 13 fights. Trinidad had a 9 year undefeated run of over 20 straight wins mostly by KO from the time he won the welterweight title to winning the middleweight title and he beat some great fighters in that 9 year run. Henry Armstrong won world titles at 126, 135 and 147 and defended his welterweight title about 20 times all in less than 9 years. You can kiss Mayweather's ass and worship him as a god and bow down to him and call him TBE all you want but don't tell others they must do likewise. I think he was an all time great but he was not TBE and his 9 year run was not the best ever in my opinion.

Give me anyone's resume and i'll tear it apart like this. It's very easy when you have an agenda.

Let's be fair, most of Trinidad's opponents in his WW run were very average. Arguably lost to De La Hoya, who threw the fight away and the best names during the run were against guys that were previously smaller lightweights or Super featherweights, like Camacho.

Look at some (most) of the names Trinidad had in that run. Floyd would be crucified by boxing fans if he fought some of them.

See, easy isn't it? - I actually really rate Trinidad. I'm simply showing how easy it is to tear a resume apart.
              Last edited by TheBigLug; 08-06-2018, 03:53 PM.

Comment

im a hater
                Oscar was way,way past prime.
                Never said he was in his prime. He was a 154 WBC champion and floyd moved uo to face him though. He is still a hall of famer

Mosley was a very old boxer and whoever had him 3rd pfp was nuts.
                Mosley beat the breaks off of margarito and was recognized as the man at welterweight. He was #3 p4p which is a fact lol. Before the fight everyone claimed floyd was ducking him, even bob arum said that mosley was the one who could kost likely beat him lmao.
                Baldomir stinks.
                Baldomir beat zab judah, was the WBC and lineal welterweright champion and #3 welterweight in the world. I agree he was never that good but he was still a champion and a top welterweight at the time.

Hatton was nothing special at welterweight and not the 8th best pfp boxer in the world at that time.
                Lies, yes he was. http://boxrec.com/media/index.php/Th..._Ratings:_2006
                He fought a green Canelo at a 152 pound catchweight.
                How was he green when he was the WBC 154 champion and defended his belt 6 times already? He was also ranked P4P and recognized as the the best junior middleweight.

Ortiz stinks.
                Still the WBC champion and #3 best welterweight coming off the best win of his career

Guerrero was not very good and again whoever had him 9th pfp was nuts.
                Ring had him #9 P4P and ESPN had him #12 P4P

They both ahd him as the #3 best welterwight as well lmfao

2006 to 2015 is a 9 year run with only 13 fights. Trinidad had a 9 year undefeated run of over 20 straight wins mostly by KO from the time he won the welterweight title to winning the middleweight title and he beat some great fighters in that 9 year run. Henry Armstrong won world titles at 126, 135 and 147 and defended his welterweight title about 20 times all in less than 9 years.
                WHo did they beat in those 20 fights?? Were all of their opponents CONSECUTIVELY other champions, ranked P4P or Hall of famers like all of mayweather's opponents in that run?

NOPE, so let me ask again: Who has a more impressive run based on consecutive opponents?

Meaning back to back to back to back opposition. I'll wait
                Last edited by mcdonalds; 08-06-2018, 04:18 PM.

Comment

Zab Judah: 147 IBF welterweight champion. Coming off a loss to baldomir so it's not that impressive, but we are only getting started

Baldomir: 147 WBC and Lineal champion. #2 Welterweight -

lol Baldomir

Oscar de la hoya: 154 WBC champion. Hall of famer -

way past it and still made it close

Ricky Hatton: #8 P4P. WBA Welterweight champion. IBF and the ring light welterweight champion. -

made ricky go up to welterweight were he wasn't tested yet.

Marquez: #2 P4P (Lightweight doe). hall of famer

Made a light weight climb up 2 weight levels and the best part is Floyd didn't even make weight to gain more advantage from a midget.

Mosley: #3 P4P and 147 WBA champion. Hall of famer

Way past it.

Ortiz: 147 WBC champion # 2 welterweight boxer

Ortiz who?

Cotto: 154 WBA light middleweight champion. #2 Super welterweight boxer. Hall of famer

Cotto was damaged goods from the Margarito and Pacquiao beating

Guerrero: #9 P4P and #3 Welterweight boxer. WBC interim champion

Guerrero.. okay..

Canelo: #9 P4P. 154 WBC and the Ring champion. #1 super welterweight boxer.

Took a young Canelo at a premature age when he was still learning the ropes. Not a good look.

Maidana (Twice): 147 WBA champion. Just came off a huge win over #9 P4P little bro

Most saw Maidana give him a beating

Pacquiao: #2 P4P, 147 WBO champion, #2 welterweight boxer. Hall of famer

Most saw Manny win all over the world

Berto: lol

Berto lololololololol

So yeah.. Not really. More like a fluke run. Reality Bites.

Ricky Hatton's first fight @ 147 is with Floyd. Stop Falsifying truths bruh.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/boxing/19756446

first coming at welterweight against Floyd Mayweather Jr in 2007.

Floyd gave Maidana the hugfest of his life, while Maidana gave Floyd the beating of his life.

Hugfest = DQ

Still Maidana found a way.. sadly corrupt Judges didn't see it that way..

Pacquiao = how the world saw Pac winning..

Even in Spain, they saw Pac winning. (@ 14:00 mark, BOXING EXPERTS AT THE END OF THE VIDEO ALL FOR PAC)

https://youtu.be/l1Kij5gLwZY

England

@ 0:56 - The press in England have ran that fight in Slow motion and they found that the compubox figures to be totally wrong.

@ 2:40 - get that fight and look at it again, I think they were influenced by the commentary and by the punch stats, but if you watch that fight as the international people did without either of that commentary and those punch stat, people around the world. A lot of them thought Manny won.

Peru, Brazil, Mexico, Philippines, Argentina

Romania, Japan, Russia, Australia and

People around the world saw a Robbery.

Canelo was 23 years old when he faced Floyd. That dude is not ready for a top dog like Floyd at that day. Even if you try to hype Canelo up. He was still green back in the day.

Cotto damaged goods:

AFTER ALL THIS TRUTHS MCDONALD'S BLOCKED ME HAHAHA!! BIATCHED OUT!! CASE CLOSED!!
                  Last edited by Spoon23; 08-07-2018, 08:10 PM.

Comment

that really is a phenomenal run

hilarious to hear pacfans rubbish those opponents.....

..... especially when Pac refused to fight some of them, instead preferring to focus on Top Rank JWW's and no-hopers

there was a run of #3 welters, and Floyd fought them all when they were hot..... why did Manny not fight ANY of them, not one?

Comment

Originally posted by Spoon23 View Post
                      I'm delusional
                      lol Baldomir
                      Mr. WBC and lineal welterwight champion and a #3 welterwight.

way past it and still made it close
                      Still a champion at 154 and floyd moved up to his weight to fight him.
                      made ricky go up to welterweight were he wasn't tested yet.
                      Ricky already fought at welterwight before and actually one a belt at 147 too LMFAO

Made a light weight climb up 2 weight levels and the best part is Floyd didn't even make weight to gain more advantage from a midget.
                      2 year layoff doe

Way past it.
                      He was so past it that bob arum even said mosley has a better chance of beating mayweather than pacquiao LOL. He was so past it that he was #3 P4P LOL
                      Ortiz who?
                      147 WBC champion # 2 welterweight boxer

Cotto was damaged good from Margarito and Pacquiao beating
                      You mean he was damaged goods when he faced pacquiao so soon after getting brutally beaten by margaritio and looking like **** against clottey?

Lmfao TBE fought him at 154 and on winstreak

Took a young Canelo at a premature age when he was still learning the ropes. Not a good look.
                      Canelo already defended his WBC bely 6 times, ranked P4P, and was the best junior middleweight.

Most saw Maidana give him a beating
                      not one media scorecard had maidana winning lmfao
                      Most saw Manny win all over the world
                      Lmfao not one media scorecard had #48 winning

So who has a better run in terms of opposition? It surely can't be pacquiao lol.

Comment

Working...
                      X