Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canelo vs Golovkin. Why did Alvarez wear winning?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canelo vs Golovkin. Why did Alvarez wear winning?

Are there are reports or reasons as to why Canelo Alvarez wore winning gloves?

I know why Golovkin wore Grants because he's signed/promoted by them. (Though for a big fight I would have pushed both to use Reyes)

Winning gloves are good for training and used to protect fighters hands and aren't known for being punchers gloves. Grants are much better in that regard.

he didnt want to knock ggg out by accident. this whole draw was planned to get more money from your pockets to his. crafty son of a b

Comment

Originally posted by Dudley View Post

I know why Golovkin wore Grants because he's signed/promoted by them. (Though for a big fight I would have pushed both to use Reyes)

Winning gloves are good for training and used to protect fighters hands and aren't known for being punchers gloves. Grants are much better in that regard.
      Abel has said before that GGG hurts his hands, which is why they wrap super tight during training. GGG likes to hammer shots so it's no surprise he prefers Grant to protect his hands like Floyd. Plus Grants have that special shock absorbent material, so it's good for power punchers that are weary for meaningful injuries.

I think Nelo wore winning becaus GGG looks like the same Amazonian tribe as Baldomir... same gloves used

Comment

He wanted to be like Charlie Sheen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pipTwjwrQYQ

Comment

Likely because of an injury. I use Winnings in training for hand health and they are WAY more forgiving than Grants. Remember that swole up knuckle Canelo was sporting this year for quite a while? I'd venture to guess that's it.

It's not like you can't hurt someone with Winnings, and Canelo's power is in his timing, so it likely only had a marginal difference in his power.

Comment

to protect his right hand, look at the post fight pics from his two previous fights, his right hand is a mess...

Comment

I remember Pacquiao vs morales 1. Pacquiao wore winning gloves and could not hurt morales at all. Morales even mocked pacquiao and turned southpaw. The next 2 fights with the reyes gloves, well we all know what happened there.

Comment

Because Ginger has soft brittle hands, and Gennady has a very solid head...

Comment

his glove selection epitomised his whole approach to the fight- safety and protection.

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
                    his glove selection epitomised his whole approach to the fight- safety and protection.
                    yeah lets ignore that he had injured his right hand in his previous two fights. . no excuses, but thats the real reason for his glove selection..

Comment

Working...
                    X