No announcement yet.

Prediction: This Floyd NYE fight will NOT be 100% boxing rules

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lopez_Boxing View Post
    Have you seen Floyd in real life?!?! Stood next to him?!? Dude is small as sh it. If you think he is bigger Than 150-160 RETIRED your crazy. Food is a little ass dude
    he is little, but he aint 5'5 125lbs small. this dude he's "fighting" is a featherweight at best...Floyd is the bigger man by a lot. think of how much heat canelo and ggg took for fighting khan/brook...this would be like Terrence Crawford fighting abner mares.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
      Fellow Posters:

This fight is not about a challenge to Floyd's hegimony. it is in all probability about Floyd having a financial interest and promoting the interests of this organization. Any agreement they develop is strictly to create an exhibition that will market the group. Think about it, Floyd is a promoter and probably wants to enter that market. This is a way to do so.

This will not be a real match. Regardless of what is said about it.
      I'm not 100% sure this won't be a real fight although I agree that is a possibility & as of now its looking like the favored option, but it would go against what Rizin usually does if it is a pure exhibition & thats what makes me still unsure of this being a real fight or nah.

That said all the rest of what you said I'd tend to agree with.

Comment

Those of you who don't think the size difference is an issue are fools.

25 lbs is a monster difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Real King Kong View Post
          think of how much heat canelo and ggg took for fighting khan/brook.
          Those fights look completely fair compared to Floyd and this Japanese guy

It would be like Canelo or GGG fighting Lomachenko

Comment

Originally posted by Real King Kong View Post
            he is little, but he aint 5'5 125lbs small. this dude he's "fighting" is a featherweight at best...Floyd is the bigger man by a lot. think of how much heat canelo and ggg took for fighting khan/brook...this would be like Terrence Crawford fighting abner mares.
            Oh for sure. I wasn’t justifying the size difference. The whole thing is beyond bizarre

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
              do you know who floyd mayweather is? even the playing field lmao! like he did when he drained canelo? or when he made maidana wear pillow gloves?
              I said "on surface" lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                Who are some boxers who did this? Legit curious about this. Never heard of this whole thing. Any stories or vids or w/e online about all this?

I just remember Troy Dorsey (a kickboxer who had success first as a kickboxer & later as a boxer) as maybe the only cat I heard of back in the day who even competed in both sports at high levels. And I know a lot of kickboxers boxed with some low level success (Alexio was 7-1 as a boxer for example) not unlike a lot of MMA guys have although they typically got 5 or less fights.

But some of y'all go back further then me with this obviously.
                Im talkin like no names. Like guys who never were known but fought for money occasionally. Hence, hard to give proof.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzrxcH0AJfs

ok Therault was one, I remember him well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgCoYDnCXRw

Rick Rufus! another one
                Interesting fight, watershed...
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lpl_7w8-jTE&t=5s

Now you will notice that none of these guys are well known boxers...Yet you will see very bad kicks along with subpar boxing in their fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                  I'm not 100% sure this won't be a real fight although I agree that is a possibility & as of now its looking like the favored option, but it would go against what Rizin usually does if it is a pure exhibition & thats what makes me still unsure of this being a real fight or nah.

That said all the rest of what you said I'd tend to agree with.
                  Ill prove it to you: Now...we know Floyd could have carried Mcgregor a bit, but it was a fight of sorts, in other words, whether Floyd took his foot off the gas, or not, it was a match. I want you to think about how Floyd behaved. I want you to think about Floyd's behavior in general.

Now, look at his behavior with this kid he is allegedly "fighting." He is acting like a man conducting a business deal, he is respectful, polite, not bragging, talking up the kid as a talent... Now, look at the kid's behavior: he is robotic, posing left and right... Acting stereotypically Japanese "I will avenge your defeat Conner."

These two are acting like they are conducting a business negotiation...Trying to generate interest....

Eff Panda: Do you think for a new york minute, if it was not in Floyd's interest, as a promotion in this case, that Floyd would sit back and give this kid even a bit of the spotlight? that floyd would be humble and respectful? and complementary? I doubt it. If it were a fight Floyd would be stealing the lime light, acting aggressive, etc. Hes acting that way because he probably will do a preplanned exhibition to generate interest in this kid and the company, and perhaps make an appearance when it suits his interests. His actions and demenor make this quite apparent.

Comment

Ill prove it to you: Now...we know Floyd could have carried Mcgregor a bit, but it was a fight of sorts, in other words, whether Floyd took his foot off the gas, or not, it was a match. I want you to think about how Floyd behaved. I want you to think about Floyd's behavior in general.

Now, look at his behavior with this kid he is allegedly "fighting." He is acting like a man conducting a business deal, he is respectful, polite, not bragging, talking up the kid as a talent... Now, look at the kid's behavior: he is robotic, posing left and right... Acting stereotypically Japanese "I will avenge your defeat Conner."

These two are acting like they are conducting a business negotiation...Trying to generate interest....

Eff Panda: Do you think for a new york minute, if it was not in Floyd's interest, as a promotion in this case, that Floyd would sit back and give this kid even a bit of the spotlight? that floyd would be humble and respectful? and complementary? I doubt it. If it were a fight Floyd would be stealing the lime light, acting aggressive, etc. Hes acting that way because he probably will do a preplanned exhibition to generate interest in this kid and the company, and perhaps make an appearance when it suits his interests. His actions and demenor make this quite apparent.
                    I think Floyd could be acting like he's acting for numerous reasons. First and foremost cuz sh^t talking isn't as fan friendly in Japan. Also Floyd is playing an away game for the first time in forever. And I think there is up for discussion terms with what kinda fight this will be & dogging this kid could paint him in a corner with accepting a less boxing friendly bout or make him look like a p#ssy for not accepting less favorable terms vs a kid who's young enough to be his son + is 20lbs lighter.

Im a boxing fan first & foremost, but I do follow MMA & Rizin specifically & these guys dont do no decision exhibition fights on the biggest fight holiday in Japan. It'd be like having Canelo doing a PPV where he just spars Ryan Garcia for fun or some sh^t. It wouldnt make no sense.

And this is a company with rumored money problems with a competitor making big moves. A exhibition sparring match isn't gonna cut it to get these guys back in the game. This fight won't happen if its 100% boxing cuz I dont believe these people are gonna give him 88M for 9 f#cking minutes of sparring a 0-0 guy whos 20lbs lighter.

Rizin would be better off making some more of those sumo guy MMA fights which they seem to have a lock on & save 88M.

Comment

Im talkin like no names. Like guys who never were known but fought for money occasionally. Hence, hard to give proof.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzrxcH0AJfs

ok Therault was one, I remember him well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgCoYDnCXRw

Rick Rufus! another one
                      Interesting fight, watershed...
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lpl_7w8-jTE&t=5s

Now you will notice that none of these guys are well known boxers...Yet you will see very bad kicks along with subpar boxing in their fights.
                      I'll have to check out the other guy but i know Rufus IS a kickboxer. That dude is a big time name in kickboxing. He was kickboxing as a child. I remember reading about him in Black Belt magazine back in the day lol. He ain't no boxer. Well he boxed, but like with Holly Holm being a kickboxer first this cat was a kickboxer first too.

Comment

Working...
                      X