Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why only 4% of the boxing press had Nelo winning?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fight was close [and amazing] but you bet your ass i'd rather be canelo this morning, golovkin took a hellish beating. you score fights round by round, and just taking more of a beating doesn't necessarily mean you lost, but i also think he lost going by boxing criterion.

golovkin came on strong late, and he's an emotional favorite, and that has left impressionable casual fans claiming it was a robbery. this was no robbery. ask abel sanchez if he thought that was a robbery. ask gennady. you don't leave the ring like that if you are robbed. you could see in his face that he felt he lost.

i'm proud of both guys. it was a great fight. if golovkin was truly a great fighter he would have won that even at his age. canelo was there to be had, golovkin just couldn't finish him. he's a very good fighter and he made a great fight out of it, but he didn't do enough to win convincingly.

he was not a great fighter in my eyes. he was very good and he was avoided. i basically knew that, but we needed to see how his career played out.

poor dude looked old as hell in there at times. not expecting much more than a rubber match for him. he's rich as hell, that fight sold and the rubber match will surely sell. hbo is on the way out, he's probably not goign to fight for 2 million bucks any more.

Comment

Many haters there

Curious thing is that many of these called experts never have been in boxing a ring. I see many exboxers calling Canelo Won fair:

Miguel Cotto
      Julio Cesar Chavez
      Juan Manuel Marquez
      Ricardo "Finito" Lopez
      Bernhard Hopkins
      Robert García
      And the most important:

Abel Sanchez (GGG TRAINER)

Thinks canelo win is fair.

Comment

As the President has come to refer to it, 'It's fake news'.

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
          5 guys at my house and best for canelo was a draw. 3 had 115-113 GGG and one had 116-112 GGG.

Fight was close but I thought GGG edged it. 3rd fight coming in May I'm sure
          It should be in May because of the age gap.

Comment

Originally posted by genrick View Post
            What?!
            Same clowns who claim GGG won in the first fight,
            then predicted Cnelo to win in the rematch?!
            That doesn't make any modicum of sense.
            What changed exactly?
            Why predict the opposite when you claim he lost the first fight?
            GTFOH with that nonsense.

I predicted GGG to win, too, by KO.
            But I am man enough to admit I was wrong.
            No doubt GGG won both fights. I was just saying that most thought Canelo would win the rematch. But after the fight, only 5% of them think Canelo won. Canelo gets decisions when anyone signs to fight him and I won't pay for another PPV to see him fight again. It's pointless. This solidified it for me.

Comment

Kind of reminds me of Morales-Pacquaio where the common card was 115–113 making it close but anything over than Morales W12 would have clearly wrong and thus a robbery.

Comment

Originally posted by sagrevleyos View Post
                Many haters there

Curious thing is that many of these called experts never have been in boxing a ring. I see many exboxers calling Canelo Won fair:

Miguel Cotto
                Julio Cesar Chavez
                Juan Manuel Marquez
                Ricardo "Finito" Lopez
                Bernhard Hopkins
                Robert García
                And the most important:

So 4 Mexicans and two former fighters that work with GBP scored it for Canelo? Well I am shocked.

Comment

Originally posted by sagrevleyos View Post
                  Many haters there

Miguel Cotto
                  Julio Cesar Chavez
                  Juan Manuel Marquez
                  Ricardo "Finito" Lopez
                  Bernhard Hopkins
                  Robert García
                  And the most important:

So 4 Mexicans and a guy who is part of Canelos team at GBP thought Canelo won? That's pretty shocking.

I'm gonna run a poll of Khazak people and see who they thought won then I'll ask Tom Loeffler also. Poll results coming soon

Comment

Nel o seems to get so many favourable decisions.How can that be possibke?
                    Ggg hardly has never gone distance so law of averages you'd expect him to get one win against Nell in a couple of fights majority thought Ggg won.

Comment

Working...
                    X