No announcement yet.

Boxing would be much better off if all fighters were like Wilder,Brook

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boxing would be much better off if all fighters were like Wilder,Brook

Both these guys went OUT OF THEIR WAY to fight guys NO ONE wanted to fight.And both did not have to.Ortiz has been ducked by every one(including Joshua/Hearn)And Brook could have easily just gone to 154 after GGG fight.Matter a fact BOTH were advised by their promoters to fight someone else.Name another fighter who took on the toughest fight without it either being a mandatory or the biggest money fight(NO FIGHHTER DUCKS the BIG MONEY fight).Anybody who don't like/root for these two guys are fanboys of fighters who could fight/lose to one of them.Just wanting to test themselves with against the BEST POSSIBLE wish we had 100 more like them.

That's your opinion. Not every boxing fan thinks the same as you and that doesn't make them fanboys. I don't like either of them very much. They both brag too much. Wilder is fighting a worthy challenger now and that is good for him. But what about all the cherry pick title defenses he made against unworthy challengers? Do you call Brook's next fight a tough fight? I don't think it's a tough fight. I call it a cherry pick to make Brook look good with a KO win. Both Brook and Wilder are good fighters but neither is a favorite of mine. If that makes me a fanboy then so be it.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
      That's your opinion. Not every boxing fan thinks the same as you and that doesn't make them fanboys. I don't like either of them very much. They both brag too much. Do you call Brook's next fight a tough fight? I don't think it's a tough fight. I call it a cherry pick to make Brook look good with a KO win. Both Brook and Wilder are good fighters but neither is a favorite of mine. If that makes me a fanboy then so be it.
      Give the man a break. He displayed the championship heart, intestinal fortitude and courage to step back to back in the ring against two of the most avoided fighters in the world in GGG and Spence. Doesn't he deserve a cherry pick after that ordeal and nearly losing the sight out both of his eyes in the process also?

Comment

Originally posted by john l View Post
        Both these guys went OUT OF THEIR WAY to fight guys NO ONE wanted to fight.And both did not have to.Ortiz has been ducked by every one(including Joshua/Hearn)And Brook could have easily just gone to 154 after GGG fight.Matter a fact BOTH were advised by their promoters to fight someone else.Name another fighter who took on the toughest fight without it either being a mandatory or the biggest money fight(NO FIGHHTER DUCKS the BIG MONEY fight).Anybody who don't like/root for these two guys are fanboys of fighters who could fight/lose to one of them.Just wanting to test themselves with against the BEST POSSIBLE wish we had 100 more like them.
        Nuthugger spotted, you fangirls are all the same.

Comment

Both these guys went OUT OF THEIR WAY to fight guys NO ONE wanted to fight.
          Yes, this is a great point. But fighters are going to look at what happened to Brook and realize he should have vacated. If Wilder gets upset tomorrow, fighters are going to look at how his career crumbles and realize they shouldn't face such tough fighters in a voluntary.

You are 100% correct. Boxing would be much better off if all fighters were like Wilder or Brook, but fighters watch the landscape and realize it's a bad idea for them to be like that.

Comment

Kell is one bad a$$ dude, IMO. He not only stepped to 3G, breaks half his damn face, then jumps back down 2 divisions to face another boogeyman in Errol, and broke the other half! That’s a effing warrior! Titanium warrior I should say. Props to Wilder as well. Not like peeps are lining up to meet him in the squared circle

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
              That's your opinion. Not every boxing fan thinks the same as you and that doesn't make them fanboys. I don't like either of them very much. They both brag too much. Wilder is fighting a worthy challenger now and that is good for him. But what about all the cherry pick title defenses he made against unworthy challengers? Do you call Brook's next fight a tough fight? I don't think it's a tough fight. I call it a cherry pick to make Brook look good with a KO win. Both Brook and Wilder are good fighters but neither is a favorite of mine. If that makes me a fanboy then so be it.
              Wilders signed up to fight povetkin and Ortiz twice and Brooks coming off two fights where he got his faced broke.Who the he ll would fight another tough one right away.And you don't have to like them you don't have to root for them but if you don't respect them then your have an agenda and are prob a fanboy

Comment

Brook fought 2 mandated fights in 2 yrs while trying to unify with Vargas and getting a $$$ fight v May, Cotto, or Khan.

Wilder has never fought a mandate and is fighting a 40 yo in full detox from yrs of steroid abuse.
                Ortiz nads r probably the size of peas about now

Punchers chance.

But his legs are as bad as Wilders

Comment

Why did Wilder duck a big money fight with Dylan White then?
                  And he refuses to fight Joshua unless it's 50/50?
                  At 20% he'll still make more than he's been used to making.
                  No fighter ducks big money fight, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by Boksfan View Post
                    Nuthugger spotted, you fangirls are all the same.
                    You looking In mirror right now?

Comment

Working...
                    X