No announcement yet.

Official Bitcoin & Cryptocurrency Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Adamjr91 View Post
    Each 'market correction' has been more short lived than the prior.

To think global market cap of crypto was 18bill on Janurary 1st 2017. We have come a long way.

Current market cap: $579bill
    Sh^ts crazy man. $763bill at 9:18pm east coast time as I speak. Whats that a ~30% bump in 2wks???

Anyone care to speculate how much this market cap can get to?

If this takes over "real money" whats the potential market cap?

Is real money gonna be like out of business arcade tokens in our lifetime?

I keep hearing people throwing out figures upwards of 10T as to the market cap. I honestly got no f#cking clue the answer to that question. This whole thing is game changing now & in the long term. Idk how big it can get if the "bubble bursts" as they say & things start getting more realistic or if things take over partially or completely eventually.

On the last question I do feel physical money isn't going to exist in our lifetimes. Its a dated concept. But idk if that'll be because of crypto or just because its +EV for bankers if "money" is numbers on a screen vs a physical product. Its all credit & debit cards in the near future doe or w/e a debit/credit card looks like then which might be your iris being screened or something on your future phone-like device or f#ck it something implanted in your wrist, tongue or ball sack maybe idk

Comment

• Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      Anyone in on Cardano/ADA? Thoughts on that project?

Keep hearing negative stuff about the number of coins, but if this is legit the next ETH will it matter all that much?
      Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      Sh^ts crazy man. $763bill at 9:18pm east coast time as I speak. Whats that a ~30% bump in 2wks???

Anyone care to speculate how much this market cap can get to?

If this takes over "real money" whats the potential market cap?

Is real money gonna be like out of business arcade tokens in our lifetime?

I keep hearing people throwing out figures upwards of 10T as to the market cap. I honestly got no f#cking clue the answer to that question. This whole thing is game changing now & in the long term. Idk how big it can get if the "bubble bursts" as they say & things start getting more realistic or if things take over partially or completely eventually.

On the last question I do feel physical money isn't going to exist in our lifetimes. Its a dated concept. But idk if that'll be because of crypto or just because its +EV for bankers if "money" is numbers on a screen vs a physical product. Its all credit & debit cards in the near future doe or w/e a debit/credit card looks like then which might be your iris being screened or something on your future phone-like device or f#ck it something implanted in your wrist, tongue or ball sack maybe idk
      **** is crazy, but we know it's not surprising. Taking all coins into account we are already at USD 2trillion. I don't like to make predictions, but it would take a worldwide initiative to halt the uptick in valuations.

Cardano looks legit. Charles Hoskinson (ex lead developer of ethereum) is spear heading the project and the team has depth. However, if Ethereum manages to scale to 100s transactions a second will there be any need for other platform tokens? I'm not so sure.

Comment

• KodakCoin cryptocurrency

Kodak shares surge 117% after company announces new KodakCoin cryptocurrency.

Company just the latest to jump on cryptocurrency bandwagon

By Pete Evans, CBC News Posted: Jan 09, 2018 3:08 PM ET Last Updated: Jan 09, 2018 4:11 PM ET

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/koda...ency-1.4479481

Kodak says it is in a partnership to create KodakOne, an image rights management platform that will make it easier to distribute images across the network in exchange for payment, which will come in the form of a new cryptocurrency called KodakCoin.

Shares in iconic film company Eastman Kodak rose by 117 per cent on Tuesday as the company announced plans to put out a cryptocurrency built on blockchain technology that will help photographers share and licence their work in exchange for payment.

Kodak announced a partnership with technology firm Wenn Digital to create KodakOne, an image rights management platform that will make it easier to distribute images across the network in exchange for payment, via a new cryptocurrency called KodakCoin.

The coin will come into being via an Initial Coin Offering or ICO on January 18 for accredited investors in Canada, the U.S. and elsewhere, but shares in the company immediately shot up on the news. Shares more than doubled after word of the plan came out, hitting a peak of $7.65 US on the NYSE before finishing the day at $6.80, up $3.70.

Comment

• Trying to get into that Bitcoin sht

Probably not bitcoin but what are some other coins i could buy? Imma throw down like a $1000 on it and hope it grows like Bitcoin later.

What can i buy?

Comment

• Litecoin and Ethereum
            These both have yielded me well since bitcoin became unaffordable..
            Ethereum is 1.2k now, it was 450$ a month ago and Litecoin is 260$ or so..

Comment

• Don't buy ethereum right now buy litecoin, ethereum is at an all time high so it's the worst time to buy litecoin is pretty stable right now and imo really cheap. They have some major announcements in the coming months

Comment

• I bought Ripple at about $1 and it's at like $2.25 right now. Experts say lots of positive things about it and banks are using it somehow to exchange currency.

Comment

• Buy Ripple now. It was $3.50 at one point until a crash. It's worth it. It's at like $2.20 which is very low... heck even I am making a lost now... but I have faith.

VeChain is also a good investment.

Buy low, and wait. Don't look at prices more than once a day.

Don't expect it to be 10 times the value anytime soon, but it's better than leaving it in the bank with inflation etc.

Comment

• I'm still a little freaked out by all the people with opinions on crypto nowadays. Seems like 12 months ago everyone was out of the loop & now everyone gots an opinion lmfao.

If you don't wanna get too deep down the crypto rabbit hole I'd legit suggest just to buy BTC as boring as that may sound to you. And I'd throw in a lil each week or month to do that whole dollar cost averaging deal cuz it will go up & down. There are cats way smarter than I who believe BTC will reach $500k to $1M per coin within the next 5 years. So that 1k could be worth $35k to $70k if those numbers hold true. And if you throw in just a minimal amount monthly who knows how much it could end up being worth, but surely in the triple digits.

All these other sh^tcoins as they are called could end up going down the toilet or be worth $10 one day & $2 the next making you wanna kill yourself if you didn't sell closer to the top. So either you wanna get in this game hard & read white papers & do your due diligence & be a slave to numbers or you can just go with the one thats about the most guaranteed to get you money & go about your regular business waiting to 35x to 70x+ your money.

If you gotta invest in something that isn't BTC be prepared to potentially lose all your money. Personally I like Cardano which has gone from 2cents to $1.30 in its short life (3mos iirc) & has dropped to around 70cents currently which makes it a good time to buy. Its already got a market cap bigger than BTC did this time last year. If it has a marketcap as big as BTC does now next year that'd give it a value of around $8 per coin. I think its almost assured of reaching double digits & some speculate it has the potential to reach triple digits or surpass BTC or ETH (who the head guy of Cardano used to be the CEO of).

Comment

• Any of you interested in this or have one?

Bitcoin IRA

http://bitcoinira.com/buy-bitcoin/?A...m=PPC&cID=3542

Comment

Working...
                      X