No announcement yet.

Started back hitting the pads for the first time in years

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Started back hitting the pads for the first time in years

Man my timing was and aim was off and my stamina was horrible, felt like my feet were stuck in cement lol.. Now a week later I already feel sharper and more precise with my shots, seem to be getting better and better everyday.

There is no better workout then boxing, you can feel it in your entire body. I feel great right now and can not wait to do more, the main thing is to keep up a routine because once you stop it is hard to get back into it.

you have to respect boxers dedication day in and day out..it is tough

Comment

yeah boxing is good cardio, I'm pretty sure most cardio endurance people will be able to hop into boxing and do great. I have been training boxing my entire life and every single time when I quit running my boxing endurance drops alot.

Comment

Originally posted by Larry_Rushmore View Post
        you have to respect boxers dedication day in and day out..it is tough
        That and swimming always been my thing. Good all around workouts. Pool good for lungs. That and running in nice cool fresh air. Never could understand why ppl use treadmills?

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
          That and swimming always been my thing. Good all around workouts. Pool good for lungs. That and running in nice cool fresh air. Never could understand why ppl use treadmills?
          Yea I hate treadmills, I get bored real quick..Nothing like the real thing but it does beat on your knees at times..

I been jump roping and using the speed ladder instead of running, although I run in place when I jump rope..May start hitting the trail at the community center next week to get a little run in

Comment

Originally posted by Larry_Rushmore View Post
            Man my timing was and aim was off and my stamina was horrible, felt like my feet were stuck in cement lol.. Now a week later I already feel sharper and more precise with my shots, seem to be getting better and better everyday.

There is no better workout then boxing, you can feel it in your entire body. I feel great right now and can not wait to do more, the main thing is to keep up a routine because once you stop it is hard to get back into it.
            Same thing happened to me during lockdown. Put a bag up in my garden and bought some new gloves/pads of Amazon and my timing and rhythm was f***ing terrible.

I used to be able to do the 1-2, hook, right cross combo with my eyes closed and I was hitting wrists and air unless I slowed it right down. It’s all about repetition though, once you develop that you can get back to full speed.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
              Same thing happened to me during lockdown. Put a bag up in my garden and bought some new gloves/pads of Amazon and my timing and rhythm was f***ing terrible.

I used to be able to do the 1-2, hook, right cross combo with my eyes closed and I was hitting wrists and air unless I slowed it right down. It’s all about repetition though, once you develop that you can get back to full speed.
              lol....spot on accurate

Comment

Nice work Larry. Boxing really is a tremendous workout

Comment

Throwing punches is such a great workout. I bought a heavy bag for the basement when the pandemic shut down my gym. Been going hard on that.

Comment

Get some!

I shadow box a couple rounds every day even though I have no idea wtf I'm doing. Feels good though. Wish I had more than a few hours worth of training lol but the gym near me is closed permanently I think

Comment

Working...
                    X