No announcement yet.

Everyone needs to start realising Leo Santa Cruz is a formidable fighter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everyone needs to start realising Leo Santa Cruz is a formidable fighter

This guy is going to be extremely difficult to beat. He is big, strong, looks like he has a great jaw, throws a tonne of punches, good amateur pedigree. He looks the real deal. I think him and Frampton would be a great fight and a good clash of styles. I am a big fan of Frampton but I just can't see him lasting the pace with Leo. I think it would have a similar pattern to Margarito - Cotto I, and I think Santa Cruz catches up to Frampton between 8-11.

I know with lots of you there has been political motivation behind your dislike of him, the Rigo situation and the fact that he is tied to Haymon. With that said you guys need to put that biased to one side when you are assessing fighters, and this kid can seriously fight.

the amount of hype around fighters beating on midgets from lower weight classes is ridiculous leo santa cruz being the main culprit.
    special shout out to crawford as well.

Comment

I have little respect for this guy.

He ducked Rigo in the most shameless way possible and now is hiding from top competition under Haymon's skirt.

he brings shame to the mexican warrior tradition

Comment

Originally posted by lopetego View Post

He ducked Rigo in the most shameless way possible and now is hiding from top competition under Haymon's skirt.

Is Mares a nobody? That is an excellent win. It takes time to make good match ups, throwing him in with Rigo would have been a big risk, but you completely missed the point of the thread anyway. You need to actually realise that this guy is a very good fighter, and stick to what you like and dislike about his fighting.

Comment

He's a very good fighter. He uses the fundamentals in a fairly uncommon way too, it's really impressive actually, I'd like to see him against better comp.

Comment

Originally posted by lopetego View Post

I agree that the way he ducked Rigo was disgraceful, however Mares and Martinez weren't bad opponents and a fight against Frampton would be good too, if the fight between Walters and Lomachenko ever takes place he should fight the winner, that'd be a good fight.

He can also fight Gary Russel in a unification bout, they're both with Haymon so that's a fight I can see happening later this year.

Comment

I am a Big Leo fan. He has skills but he isn't fighting the very best guys so its hard to tell exactly how good he is.

I am concerned that he allows himself to get hit clean way to often. If he moves up and gets hit like he did his last 3 fights he will be in trouble.

Great offensively, needs to tighten up the defense and work off the jab a little more.

Comment

Originally posted by Dip_Slide View Post
                I agree that the way he ducked Rigo was disgraceful, however Mares and Martinez weren't bad opponents and a fight against Frampton would be good too, if the fight between Walters and Lomachenko ever takes place he should fight the winner, that's be a good fight.

He can also fight Gary Russel in a unification bout, they're both with Haymon so that's a fight I can see happening later this year.
                Lomachenko santa cruz should be fighting right now instead of Walters-Loma. ****ing factions.

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
                  Lomachenko santa cruz should be fighting right now instead of Walters-Loma. ****ing factions.
                  I would prefer Lomachenko vs Walters any day tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
                    Is Mares a nobody? That is an excellent win.
                    No, it's not.
                    It's just a decent win at this point.
                    Mares is damaged goods and a shadow of his former self after the Gonzalez beatdown.

Comment

Working...
                    X