Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather: One Day I'll Be One of The Biggest Trainers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mayweather: One Day I'll Be One of The Biggest Trainers

Floyd Mayweather has made it no secret that 30 months isn’t just the length of his lucrative contract with Showtime; those 30 months are also what separates him and the end of his career as a fighter. Mayweather has been atop of the sport for nearly two decades and at 36, he’s a lot closer to the end than he is to the beginning.

Mayweather of course won’t step away from the game completely as he is also doubles as a promoter with his growing company of Mayweather Promotions and The Money Team. But one other role Floyd could be taking is that of a head trainer. [Click Here To Read More]

I think that, with his own lifelong experience, along with his family gene and training lineage, and provided he continues to nurture his own high level of dedication, Floyd Mayweather, Jr., will most likely also succeed as a great trainer in the sport.

Good luck, Floyd.

P34c3

Comment

Skys the limit with Floyd. I can see him training, promoting, ringside boxing analyst. Dude can do whatever he wants.

Comment

Damn right he'll be a great trainer

Damn right he'll be a great trainer and he does have eye for champions, nobody would've thought Ishe Smith a champ and the fact that he promised him a shot at the title before he got locked up and came through like a real nigg@ and backed his word up like a man says something about Floyd, have ya'll seen the young 8 or 10 year fighters he's got? Those little kids box better than a lot of these paper champs out there, you got DJJ Zamora and Cash Flow and that's only two out of a bunch of little kids Roger is training at the Mayweather Gym and you know Floyd is gonna take care of them and turn them into champions if they continue to box, Floyd did do a good job as a trainer in the JLeon Love fight and it was a tough close fight for Love

Comment

boxers are rarely good trainers.

Comment

That could be a good move for Floyd after his career is done. Honestly I'd like to see more Hall of Fame caliber boxers as trainers. I think Roy Jones Jr. could make a heck of a trainer or at least help boxers by implementing a strategy for their fights. Sure beats seeing them fight past their primes and get beat by nobodies or someone they would have clobbered in their prime.

Comment

No doubt his first fighter will be a Filipino.

Comment

I can't wait until Cash Flow comes into his own. He might be a future P4P great.

Comment

Greats in any sport typically have a hard time teaching others. I can't imagine Floyd Mayweather Jr. being a good trainer, because when a fighter can't do what he could, he'll get frustrated. If that fighter gets more attention than Mayweather does for training him, Mayweather will get jealous.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                    Greats in any sport typically have a hard time teaching others. I can't imagine Floyd Mayweather Jr. being a good trainer, because when a fighter can't do what he could, he'll get frustrated. If that fighter gets more attention than Mayweather does for training him, Mayweather will get jealous.
                    You realize how rediculous you sound right now?

Comment

Working...
                    X