No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Schaefer Open To Working With Arum, De La Hoya For WBSS

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
    I'm thinking maybe it'll be more centered around European fighter since they have a European promoter & TV rights in Europe have been sold. When does soccer season start in Europe?
    The leagues and european competitions run from mid of August until mid of May.

Comment

These sort of tournaments never worked out in boxing in the past because there's a ton of moving pieces..let's see is Schaffer will be able to change that

Comment

Lmao at thinking any promoters ard going to want to work with this guy.

Reminder, this dude For years planned and succeeded at stealing 99% of golden boys roster and giving them all to Al Haymon, he did this while technically working for golden boy.

50 million dollar tournament though right? No promoters, no fighters, no network, no funding, no venue, but he announces a tournament? Give me a break.

Another Schaefer scam.

Comment

We've all heard this before from different promotor. "I'm willing to work with this guy and that guy"... It's just to make that person look good and then the fan boys would eat it up and say "see, schaefer is willing to work with arum and Oscar, but arum and Oscar doesn't want it".

Comment

Schaefer is an oil slick. There is another agenda somewhere. We will probably find out what his real game plan is in due course, in the meantime, perhaps he should sign up with Team Trump. He would be right at home with those lying prikkks.

Comment

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
              We've all heard this before from different promotor. "I'm willing to work with this guy and that guy"... It's just to make that person look good and then the fan boys would eat it up and say "see, schaefer is willing to work with arum and Oscar, but arum and Oscar doesn't want it".
              You got that right champ!

Comment

Originally posted by original zero View Post
                World Boxing Super Series was very clear about which organizations they would involve and the IBO was not one of them.

Because the IBO advertises on this website, the IBO is listed in this article, even though it's factually incorrect.

What kind of journalism is that?

Great pick up there. Wonder what Victor Salazar and boxingscene have to say about that....

OFFICIALLY: It was an honest mistake.

UNOFICIALLY: Maximise profit, REGARDLESS if it assisting in the demise of boxing long term (who wants/needs 5 sanctioning bodies?).

No fuking integirty is all i see.

In fact, i'd go as far to say boxing scene should recognise FOUR and only FOUR santioning bodies.
                How do we get a petition going on this site?

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                  One thing I'm curious about is why did they choose to start the tournament at the start of football season in the U.S.
                  There are all kinds of fights during football season. The biggest fights of the year tend to be on that Mexican Independence Day weekend in early September. I think the world is big enough for football & boxing. Plus isn't football over by the time boxing is on outside of maybe one game worst case?

Originally posted by boxingitis View Post
                  Are the judges going to favor a particular Boxer.
                  Yes. The one who's winning the fight.

You know like they do 99% of the time despite fans acting like the 1% of the time they don't is actually 50% of the time.

Originally posted by chepboxingking View Post
                  These sort of tournaments never worked out in boxing in the past because there's a ton of moving pieces..let's see is Schaffer will be able to change that
                  What tournaments have failed? The 3 times (Ali's exile tournament, HBO's HW tournament & the Super Six) this has happened have had decent to good success I think. The main thing different about this is its going to be a long term thing & is already bankrolled for 3 years (sorry Addix its happening lol) & I don't think anyone has even tried something like that yet so this would be a first.

Comment

Originally posted by Rock&Roll View Post
                    Great pick up there. Wonder what Victor Salazar and boxingscene have to say about that....

OFFICIALLY: It was an honest mistake.

UNOFICIALLY: Maximise profit, REGARDLESS if it assisting in the demise of boxing long term (who wants/needs 5 sanctioning bodies?).

No fuking integirty is all i see.

In fact, i'd go as far to say boxing scene should recognise FOUR and only FOUR santioning bodies.
                    How do we get a petition going on this site?

The IBO pays this website to recognize the IBO as a world championship. It's embarrassing and this website should be ashamed, but there are probably a lot of websites the IBO pays for world championship recognition.

But what took place in this article is far worse. It's one thing for the IBO to pay this site to recognize their title. It's another thing for the IBO to pay this site to lie about who else recognized their title. WBSS was very very very clear about which organizations they recognize. For this site to lie and say the WBSS recognizes the IBO is just ridiculous.

And calls into question the journalistic integrity of everything published here.

Comment

Make it happen!
                      The more (quality) fights the merrier.
                      Anything that opens more doors for a fighter and puts money in their pockets is ok by me.
                      A tournament like this, if it comes to fruition will elevate a lot of fighters looking for recognition while exposing a lot of hype jobs.

Comment

Working...
                      X