Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What if FMJ was fighting the likes of Brand in his prime?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Akbar One View Post
    It's a bull***** fight that nobody wants to see. Ward will get better work in sparring. It's a damn shame a fight like Postol vs Crawford has to go on PPV, but bull***** like this gets aired. Kovalev if fighting a top 10 guy, while Ward is fighting a hand picked can. There is far too much talent at 175 for Ward to be fighting a can.
    We agree. Its just that trolling tools like daggum somehow think Ward strong armed HBO into giving him Brand.

Comment

Originally posted by The Akbar One View Post
      It's a bull***** fight that nobody wants to see. Ward will get better work in sparring. It's a damn shame a fight like Postol vs Crawford has to go on PPV, but bull***** like this gets aired. Kovalev if fighting a top 10 guy, while Ward is fighting a hand picked can. There is far too much talent at 175 for Ward to be fighting a can.
      you can blame ward for that. they had to set aside money for his tomato can fights so that they could get ward-kovalev made. oh yeah ward-kovalev is on ppv too lmao!

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
        so you accuse JMM of juicing but you dont accuse the guy who ducked drug testing for a decade? until he had IRS issues. The guy has tattoos and even freddie roach admitted drug testing and cut off dates ruined first round of negotiations for the the mayweather fight. Then calls the guy shady and admits he doesnt know whats in Pacquaios work out drinks

Man...Pacquaio fans are more bitter than a woman scorned
        Or the guy that hires testers privately and gets retroactive TUEs for a 15x the legal limit of a masking agent. Hires the shady guy that mixed those drinks lol. No shame

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
          We agree. Its just that trolling tools like daggum somehow think Ward strong armed HBO into giving him Brand.
          yes hbo wanted ward to fight alexander brand. that's really your argument? they had a contract for 2 fights before kovalev. they wanted ward to fight kovalev right away but he refused. they knew ward wasn't going to agree to fight anyone good so they just let him have this bum fight so the kovalev fight wouldn't be delayed. i don't know why you are pretending that ward has no blame. he could have fought someone better but his contract of overpaying him 2 millino dollars basically doesn't allow him. once again ward's fault again for accepting a contract that only allows him to fight bums.
          Last edited by daggum; 06-29-2016, 11:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by -PANDA- View Post
            seeing as he's fighting one of the most dangerous fighters in boxing this fall, this is a pretty damn good opponent to stay active against
            Ward has had THREE stay busy fights against guys he'd beat 10/10 times. It was better opponents out there, guys with names, better competition, even if it was up in weight or down. Paul S, Barrera, and Brand are guys who have no business fighting Ward...they clearly weren't and aren't ready by LARGE MARGIN. But...Ward gets a pass because HE MIGHT be fighting "the man" in the division later.

I'm almost sure if something doesn't go his way leading into the Kovalev fight, he'll get injured.

Comment

Originally posted by firstborn View Post
              That's not exactly true. Ward offered Barrera a career high payday and Barrera turned it down for more money. I wouldn't call offering someone their career high payday for a none championship fight "short money."
              you kind of made my point for me. yes bums like barrera and brand will take the ward fight because it's their career high payday but good fighters aren't going to fight for that same amount.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Heffner View Post
                Ward has had THREE stay busy fights against guys he'd beat 10/10 times. It was better opponents out there, guys with names, better competition, even if it was up in weight or down. Paul S, Barrera, and Brand are guys who have no business fighting Ward...they clearly weren't and aren't ready by LARGE MARGIN. But...Ward gets a pass because HE MIGHT be fighting "the man" in the division later.

I'm almost sure if something doesn't go his way leading into the Kovalev fight, he'll get injured.
                you know he's going to pull some stunt like force kovalev to wear pillow gloves or ankle cuffs or some sh-it. if he does finally get in the ring he will be holding and headbutting like no tomorrow. i don't know why people ever wanted to see this fight. just to see ward ko'd? who cares just go away. just to see ward attempt to hold his way to victory? once again who cares. means nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                  yes hbo wanted ward to fight alexander brand. that's really your argument? they had a contract for 2 fights before kovalev. they wanted ward to fight kovalev right away but he refused. they knew ward wasn't going to agree to fight anyone good so they just let him have this bum fight so the kovalev fight wouldn't be delayed. i don't know why you are pretending that ward has no blame. he could have fought someone better but his contract of overpaying him 2 millino dollars basically doesn't allow him. once again ward's fault again for accepting a contract that only allows him to fight bums.
                  My argument is HBO approved Brand when they should have rejected it. IMO they had to approve Brand because they got a venue and a date for Ward/Kov before settling on whether Ward would fight again.

WHen they and Ward agreed he would get another fight, they didn't want to risk having the plan they announced fall through.

HBO did this to themselves. This very well could be continued fall out from not letting Kov take part in the Stevenson purse bid. If Ward's contract is overpaying him IYO that is HBO's fault too, unless you are going to opine Ward strong armed them into resigning him.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                    you know he's going to pull some stunt like force kovalev to wear pillow gloves or ankle cuffs or some sh-it. if he does finally get in the ring he will be holding and headbutting like no tomorrow. i don't know why people ever wanted to see this fight. just to see ward ko'd? who cares just go away. just to see ward attempt to hold his way to victory? once again who cares. means nothing.
                    The things is...Kovalev will get dirty right back with him. Ward is strong and I'm starting to see posters underestimate Kovalev's skill level. Ward won't be able to muscle him like he did Kessler. And Kov is solid at distance also, I would recommend Ward not lean and jump step his way in and clinch. If he does, he's going to sleep. FYI, I'm a fan of both.

Comment

you kind of made my point for me. yes bums like barrera and brand will take the ward fight because it's their career high payday but good fighters aren't going to fight for that same amount.
                      Barrera isn't a bum, he was supposed to be Kov's mandatory and was good for Ward's first fight at 175lb. I doubt Barrera would have made the same money Ward paid him if he fought Kov instead. I'm not saying Ward is perfect, I just think some of the criticism is overblown.

Comment

Working...
                      X