Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any word on Danny Jacobs TBA opponent July 30th?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any word on Danny Jacobs TBA opponent July 30th?

It was news to me when Dan Rafael stated he had a date for July 30th and sure enough it's listed on boxrec. Has anyone heard who they opponent may be? I don't remember hearing any announcements but then again, I don't catch every NSB article.

Nope. No word on Ward's next fight either, and that one is supposed to materialize by early July according to the agreement.

Comment

I thought it was Andy Lee?

Comment

They're saying it could be monroe if he wins hisupcoming showtime fight

Comment

Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
          They're saying it could be monroe if he wins hisupcoming showtime fight
          That's actually pretty good. Although, if Monroe wins it would create an awkward situation of him becoming Golovkins mandatory.

In any event, doesn't look like Jacobs will be in the running for a potential Golovkin showdown any time soon. Earliest possibility would be end of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
            That's actually pretty good. Although, if Monroe wins it would create an awkward situation of him becoming Golovkins mandatory.

In any event, doesn't look like Jacobs will be in the running for a potential Golovkin showdown any time soon. Earliest possibility would be end of the year.
            Or they could cancel that fight vs TBA and fight GGG in August or early Sept...but we know that won't happen. Jacobs took 8 months off after that tough 90 whatever seconds in his last fight lol...

Comment

Hopefully it's GGG. If not, it'll probably be Saunders then GGG in the fall.

Comment

Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
                Hopefully it's GGG. If not, it'll probably be Saunders then GGG in the fall.
                Seriously doubt they could work out a deal for Golovkin for July 30th even if they wanted to, although I suppose stranger things have happened. I would imagine if/when these two fight, it's going to be a big deal with a whole lot of details to iron out.

Comment

Rafael said Andy Lee cost too much. I think it might end up being Gary O'Sullivan. He says he has a big fight in July/August in NYC. I think they want to promote an Irish show with Frampton/Cruz.

Comment

Don't understand why it's taking him 7 months to get back in the ring when his last fight ended so quickly.

Comment

Working...
                    X