Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Wlad start dominating boxing again?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's 40, and he's in a division where the top guys are now taller or just as tall as him, and as big or bigger. He took advantage of a division where he was always the giant and he fought smart using his height and reach and wrestling tactics, but he probably can't do that effectively against guys like Fury, Wilder, Joshua.

Wlad can still beat guys like Povetkin, Pulev, Ortiz and Stiverne though.

Comment

If Wlad actually fights and I mean fights like he did against Pulev, then there is nobody in the division who can beat him period..
      People who say Wilder, AJ and Ortiz, now let's break it down :
      Wilder - is a developing boxer because he turned pro after olympics and he does not have a vast amateur experience.. He lacks ring generalship and is easily off balance while he misses his shots and when he jabs.. Wilder still doesn't use his full height to stay out of reach .. He has a massive right hand but that can only work when he can land on a stationary opponent - so no chance against Wlad he can look half as decent as the molinas of the world.
      AJ- novice.. He is still learning the art and is a step behind Wilder imo.. When he gains enough experience and proves against tougher challenges then he can give a good fight to Wlad..
      Ortiz - vast amateur pedigree.. Has a variety of punches but isn't smart with his output and lacks ring generalship.. He can in a few years give real problems but the dude is already 35+
      Parker - talented but hugely untested, the fight against Takam will answer a few doubts but he might to change his style for big leagues as his punch output is that of a middle weight.. You cannot throw so many punches and last 12 rounds, you'll be gased out..

In the next year or two I don't see Wilder, AJ, Ortiz defeating Klitschko but I do think win or lose against Fury, Klitschko will be there for another year so all the above guys should fight for the sake of fans..
      Last edited by BoxingFan85; 05-01-2016, 10:17 AM.

Comment

No...................

Comment

Working...
        X