Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was leaving Roach the best move Khan ever made?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was leaving Roach the best move Khan ever made?

A lot of people are coming to realize that:

1. Roach is a limited offensive trainer, he can't really teach effective defense.

2. His illness seems to be getting worse and in turn it deteriorates his training capability further.

3. Roach didn't spend enough quality training time with Khan in his last 2 fights because he was busy concentrating more on other fighters.

4. Because of Pacquiao's training camps, Khan was forced to travel during training.

Just a few great reasons for Khan to leave Roach, in my opinion it could shape up to be the best move he's made for a long time. We'll see what happens.

I think Roach did improve Khan to a point, but Khan has become very predictable now, and the defensive skills he needs to improve as a fighter were never going to be provided by Roach because, simply put, Roach never had the required knowledge.

Drop some thoughts. (Haters will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law).
    Yes
    26.09%
    Maybe
    21.74%
    No
    4.35%
    Too early to tell
    47.83%

i guess we'll see on how he bounces back

if looks like a world beater, then yea...if he gets dropped like a sack of potatoes by a bum, then no

Comment

Khan is Arturo Gatti with fast hands. Hes a lost cause, his trainer isnt the reason he lunges and puts his chin over his toes. He tries to be a warrior way too much to prove how tough he is and it costs him.

Comment

i think so. he's gone on a 40-0 streak since leaving roach. wait a minute..........

Comment

Originally posted by Anton.Brilliant View Post
          i think so. he's gone on a 40-0 streak since leaving roach. wait a minute..........
          LMFAO geen k sent.

Comment

I don't know man. I can't see into the future.

Comment

We need to see how he looks like against relevant competition. If he beats Garcia/Peterson/Matthysse, then I'll say it was the right move. If he goes up and beats Brook/Alexander/Bradley, then I'll say it was the "best move Khan ever made."

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Burner View Post
                Khan is Arturo Gatti with fast hands. Hes a lost cause, his trainer isnt the reason he lunges and puts his chin over his toes. He tries to be a warrior way too much to prove how tough he is and it costs him.
                um, khan has 25% of gatti's heart at best and gatti and khan's chins arent even comparable

Comment

When he got with Roach fans where saying that was the best move Khan ever made.

Comment

How can this be even asked when he hasn't even fought yet? On top of that he is fighting a LW with feather fist. When he fights someone good then come back with this question.

Comment

Working...
                    X