Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joshua vs Povetkin did 1.1 million PPV Buys.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
    In other news. 1.2 million people sang Sweet Caroline in the UK last week.
    That’s a fcking great tune!

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
      Hmmm.... weekly reach is equal to number of AJ-Povetkin buys?
      Correct. yes.

Comment

If you times that by £20 its £22,000,000, but you need to add that some of those buys will be from sports bars, pubs, clubs ect. That can be £300-£500 per establishment. So lets say 100,000 bars and pubs paid £400 then add that to the 1,000.000 buys from sky box office customers, you can be talking £60 million.
        Those figures are most likely wrong, as we don't know how many actually bought it at the higher rate for businesses ect.

Comment

It says nothing about 1.1m buys.
          Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
          Yes it does. Put "Sky Box office" in the filter and in the weekly reach under (000s) it says 1,108. Thats how you know how many buys it did.

just sharing the info he pointing to, IDK wtf it means.

Comment

Originally posted by .!WAR MIKEY! View Post

just sharing the info he pointing to, IDK wtf it means.
            Yeah, but does that mean buys of this particular event? I am not British (or yank) so I cannot interpret those numbers.

Comment

AJ has done over 1 million PPV buys in the UK from Klitschko onwards, if not before.

Comment

Yeah, but does that mean buys of this particular event? I am not British (or yank) so I cannot interpret those numbers.
                yeah I think its fair to assume so, I looked up sky box office schedule and looks like they had nothing on but that, appears to be a PPV channel only of sorts.

Comment

About in line with what Hearn said post fight, although he seemed a little disappointed, but a good position to be in when your deflated after doing over 1 million buys.

The kid is a superstar, no doubt about it

Comment

Originally posted by Abovetheclouds View Post
                    AJ has done over 1 million PPV buys in the UK from Klitschko onwards, if not before.
                    he didnt break 1 mill for takem fight.

Comment

Yeah, weekly reach means how many total were tuned into sky box office that week. Obviously Joshua vs Povetkin was the only event on Sky box office that week so from that you can tell how many people bought the ppv.

Comment

Working...
                      X