Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Porter: Errol Spence is Getting More Yards - And I Don't Like It!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It doesn't sound like a man who is ducking Erroll Spence to me. Personally, I think he beats Keith Thurman in their rematch.

He came very close to beating him the first time. Actually and I know that I am not in the majority with this observation but I thought he did enough to win in their first bout. He was the busier and the more aggressive of the two with a much higher workrate also.

However, I don't like his chances against Erroll Spence Jr. I slightly lean towards Spence in that match up due to his Errol's physical ability. He is stronger than a bull.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
      you could have easily made the fight with Spence
      Would Spence have done the VADA testing?
      Lol, you were on a crusade yesterday insinuating people were making s h i I t up about Errol not testing then you went quiet into the night when news he wasn't testing came about lol.....

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
        Lol, you were on a crusade yesterday insinuating people were making s h i I t up about Errol not testing then you went quiet into the night when news he wasn't testing came about lol.....
        He would have no choice if he was fighting for the WBC..And I did not go quiet I went to bed, if i am wrong I am wrong i always take my L's like a man..

Comment

Stop the b.s. Never did all the top fighters face ONLY the best. Never. Heck, from the age of 26-31, Leonard fought one time. Against Kevin Howard. Duran had 116 wins. There are not 116 boxers that are considered the best. Holyfield took stay-busy fights also. Holyfield fought Larry Holmes in 1992. By that time Holmes was an old man. After that he fought a nobody. After Bowe I, he took an easy fight.

Porter has already fought Brook, Thurman, Broner, and Danny Garcia. Now he is fighting Ugas, who is behind the top 5 at ww, but is the best of the rest. And he will most likely fight Spence at some point.

Thurman fought Danny Garcia and Porter. He will most likely rematch at least one of them and he might fight Spence some day.

Danny Garcia fought Khan (when Khan was considered a bad ass and at the top of 140). He fought Matthysse when Matthysse was supposed to be some killer. In fact, the question before that fight wasn't who would win, but if Floyd would fight someone as dangerous as Matthysse after Matthysse wiped the floor with Danny. He fought Peterson, when Peterson was the #1 ranked contender. He has fought Thurman and Porter too!

Spence's only big fight so far is Brook. Then again, Spence is only 28. In six, seven years Spence will have plenty of big names on his resume.

We have already had Thurman-Garcia, Thurman-Porter, Porter-Broner, Porter-Garcia, Porter-Brook, Spence-Brook, and Brook-g. Stop the crying. The past generations also fought bums.

This is boxing. If the best only fight the best, than after a year or two all the good fights would already be over and there wouldn't be any exciting fights left to make. That is the problem the UFC ran into. Yea, Dana made the best fight the best every fight. And before you know it, all the top guys already fought each other.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
            He would have no choice if he was fighting for the WBC..And I did not go quiet I went to bed, if i am wrong I am wrong i always take my L's like a man..
            Respect for taking that L then lol

Spence looks shady not doing it for this fight especially. A guy coming up 2 weights already should have a fair fight. Garcia should have made sure it was in the contract or no fight so it's as much their fault as Spence.

Comment

Well...Stop Him Porter! I get Suliman and his WBC Obligations I get that and Ugas is a excellent fight and will be a tough fight for Shawn

But I just heard Abner Mares on Tha Boxing Voice talk about how HE told Al Haymon he wanted Grevonta Davis and Al made it happen for him. So this BS that fighters like to say "I Don't Pick The FIghts..." Is Complete BS! You're given a choice and you're given options and if you don't like those options you can suggest something else. I think Mares said he was given the option of Gary Russell Jr but then after the back an forth with Davis he told Haymon he wanted that fight

So if Shawn truly wanted to fight NEXT it would be happening regardless of Suliman and the WBC Obligations in which I'm sure he could get an exemption
              Last edited by sicko; 11-15-2018, 01:20 PM.

Comment

Can you name one boxer who isn't ranked by the WBC that is enrolled in the WBC's Clean Boxing Program? Spence was practically begging Thurman to fight him for years. While that would entail signing up for the CBP. There is VADA testing for all the big fights.

If the WBC champs would ever fight Spence, he would be in the program. Loma isn't enrolled either? So is he juicing too?

What about Crawford? He isn't in the CBP anymore either. Though he did do VADA testing for Benavidez, and probably for Horn too. But he isn't in year round testing. Why not?

Do you believe Crawford and Loma are juicing too?

You are just being a hater and not even trying to sound reasonable or unbiased.

Comment

Respect for taking that L then lol

Spence looks shady not doing it for this fight especially. A guy coming up 2 weights already should have a fair fight. Garcia should have made sure it was in the contract or no fight so it's as much their fault as Spence.
                  I agree, there should be testing for every fight, especially a fight like this..People have to understand I am a real boxing fan and not a fan boy I will go to bat with facts but if I am wrong then I am simply wrong

Comment

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
                    you're right, holyfield was from the next generation. But even if you look at the guys from the previous generation such as Oscar tito, vargas, mosley. Those guys fought almost everyone that mattered. This current era is really more about the business side with no attention paid to legacy.
                    I tend to agree with your general sentiment that the sport has been impacted by the "Mayweather effect." Athletes are seeing the business side of this sport more clearly than ever before, but I don't think this is a completely new phenomenon. Fighters from the last generations also sought the best money for the easiest fights. They had promoters after all. ODLH, as much as I liked him, was incessantly criticized for building his early resume on big names who were either too old or too small. Oscar was also justifiably criticized for ducking Winky Wright back when Winky was taking names.

Comment

Originally posted by Bardamu View Post
                      Can you name one boxer who isn't ranked by the WBC that is enrolled in the WBC's Clean Boxing Program? Spence was practically begging Thurman to fight him for years. While that would entail signing up for the CBP. There is VADA testing for all the big fights.

If the WBC champs would ever fight Spence, he would be in the program. Loma isn't enrolled either? So is he juicing too?

What about Crawford? He isn't in the CBP anymore either. Though he did do VADA testing for Benavidez, and probably for Horn too. But he isn't in year round testing. Why not?

Do you believe Crawford and Loma are juicing too?

You are just being a hater and not even trying to sound reasonable or unbiased.
                      Spence has 24 fights.
                      He did Vada testing one time because Brook made sure he did.
                      Maybe those guys are juicing who the fk knows. I know when a guy is coming up 2 divisions to fight you, that guy should expect a clean fight.

Loma did vada for linares which was his last fight. And Crawford did also for his last fight. So here we are........
                      Last edited by Jsmooth9876; 11-15-2018, 01:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X